Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SEAFOAM! engine cleaner, check it out.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEAFOAM! engine cleaner, check it out.

Came by this stuff in one of the other forums I am a member of. I ran it through my truck and plan to use it in my sportbike and quad. Basically its a fuel injector/carburator cleaner. Its really simple to use and its safe for everything I can think of except (I wouldnt trust it in a wet clutch crankcase) simply because it is a cleaner and MAY cause an "early out" on your clutch. Heres the link if you wanna check it out.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm

When I use it on the shee and the bike ill do a write up to show everyone how well it works.
If you wanna give it a shot now ill do a quick writeup on it.

This will work better than a 1$ can of carb cleaner..... Trust me.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have comments or used this product before?

Old 02-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

sorry about not awnsering the comments but i wanted to ask u wat forum

Old 02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Heard about it on www.rangerpowersports.com
Im also a member at www.bansheehq.com and www.r6messagenet.com

Old 02-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

jlsparky you should joni everything2stroke.com

Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I think I have a membership there, but i found bansheehq to be more helpfull.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I tried in once in my car and i don't think i'll ever try it again. Following the directions, I added it through a vacuum line, the pcv line to be exact. When it sucked the seafoam in, the car sputtered and almost stalled, followed by revving real high (5k+ rpm), then the 3 foot rubber hose i attached to the pcv nipple on the manifold started whipping around like a fire hose in a cartoon, spitting hot oil and air everywhere. As this happens, there is also thick smoke pouring out the exhaust and choking me as I scramble to shut off the ignition. I turn the key off, but the damn thing kept running, and dieseled for at least 15 seconds before it backfired through the intake and shut off. I thought it was going to have my engine screwed all up after that. Luckily everything was ok. But i'll never use that again, that scared the hell out of me, and those fumes burn the lungs. It may sound like an off the wall story to some of you, but that's exactly what happened when I tried it. I don't know if I added it too quickly or what, but that was definitely uncool.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: recon99
I tried in once in my car and i don't think i'll ever try it again. Following the directions, I added it through a vacuum line, the pcv line to be exact. When it sucked the seafoam in, the car sputtered and almost stalled, followed by revving real high (5k+ rpm), then the 3 foot rubber hose i attached to the pcv nipple on the manifold started whipping around like a fire hose in a cartoon, spitting hot oil and air everywhere. As this happens, there is also thick smoke pouring out the exhaust and choking me as I scramble to shut off the ignition. I turn the key off, but the damn thing kept running, and dieseled for at least 15 seconds before it backfired through the intake and shut off. I thought it was going to have my engine screwed all up after that. Luckily everything was ok. But i'll never use that again, that scared the hell out of me, and those fumes burn the lungs. It may sound like an off the wall story to some of you, but that's exactly what happened when I tried it. I don't know if I added it too quickly or what, but that was definitely uncool.
You added it too fast....

It almost stalled because you have to plug the vaccuum hose right when you pull it off....

Its supposed to smoke....

The backfiring was excess carbon burning off...

It also works better when you add it through the brake cylinder vaccumm hose, the pcv line is too small.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I did everything they're ****-poor directions said, and that's what happened. If I added it any slower the car would have just stalled out completely. I know because that was my 3rd attempt at starting the car and running around to the front to add the seafoam. Just a waste of 6 bucks. Didn't do anything for me or the car except maybe contributing to the development of lung cancer.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

no denying it got carbon buildup out then....

Theres NO POSSIBLE WAY your engnie revved to 6k unless someone was pushing the gas or you were adding it too fast...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SEAFOAM! engine cleaner, check it out.