Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Transporting the Raptor 700 up on its tail

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transporting the Raptor 700 up on its tail

Originally posted by: Raptor660JC

I know the 700 is fuel injected, I was stating that mine leaks upright, it doesnt matter if the gas is on or off on MY bike, it leaks. I have a bad gasket.

Just because a bike has a carb doesnt mean that it is going to leak when its upright. I've seen plenty of carburated quads standing upright fill a full - 1/2 tank of gas not one drop hits the ground
Sure it does. As long as there is fuel in the tank and the gas is on. When you tip the carb up or put it on it's side fuel will run out of the over flow tube because the float assembly can not control fuel level in the float bowl.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Jasonp
Originally posted by: Raptor660JC

I know the 700 is fuel injected, I was stating that mine leaks upright, it doesnt matter if the gas is on or off on MY bike, it leaks. I have a bad gasket.

Just because a bike has a carb doesnt mean that it is going to leak when its upright. I've seen plenty of carburated quads standing upright fill a full - 1/2 tank of gas not one drop hits the ground
Sure it does. As long as there is fuel in the tank and the gas is on. When you tip the carb up or put it on it's side fuel will run out of the over flow tube because the float assembly can not control fuel level in the float bowl.
I understand that...I am refering to MY quad and my quad only, regardless of whether the gas is on or off it leaks. Now, normally if your gas is off and you flip your qaud upright, it should not leak! Carb or no carb..and whatever gas does leak is teh ramaining in teh carb when the gas is off. I've had my quad upright many many times when I first got it and I never had a leak when it was up.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

[i]Originally posted by: Raptor660JC
I understand that...I am refering to MY quad and my quad only, regardless of whether the gas is on or off it leaks. Now, normally if your gas is off and you flip your qaud upright, it should not leak! Carb or no carb..and whatever gas does leak is teh ramaining in teh carb when the gas is off. I've had my quad upright many many times when I first got it and I never had a leak when it was up.
teh? Alright your confusing me. I don't understand what your trying to say... how is your quad like a 700?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Jasonp
[i]Originally posted by: Raptor660JC
teh? Alright your confusing me. I don't understand what your trying to say... how is your quad like a 700?
I never compared my quad to a 700 bro.. nevermind this post is getting riduculous and completely off topic.