Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dunno If iam making a mistake or not.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dunno If iam making a mistake or not.....

Originally posted by: Easter
yeah i dont like the $300 ied have to pay to get it working properly , i dunno if iam even gunna do it now...seems like i wil never get another wheeler until i get my job back
$300.00 might be only the start of your spending on it!!!!!....Have you heard it running yet?
How the tires,brakes,bearings,cables,etc.....I would not trade it if it's not "EVEN" running....You don't know what your in for with repairs!!!...Caper..........
I bet if he gets the snowmobile....He needs to do NOTHING for it to run!!!!...Great deal for him!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah iam not going to do that , i wish i had a job so i could just go get what i really want...a Outlander 800 XT , but thats not gunna happen anytime soon

Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah iam not going to do that , i wish i had a job so i could just go get what i really want...a Outlander 800 XT , but thats not gunna happen anytime soon
Just keep your head held up high and things will turn out good for you!!!
Just don't be in a big rush............A outlander 800 do you really need that to have fun....NO!!!!!!!!
there are lots of nice quads out there for less money...You can still have fun on!!!!Think about that...Caper.....

Old 02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Range Rover

Well I took you advise and thought about it ! I wont be riding a whole alot , maby 10 miles a week. So I think I migth just trade it for the 2 blasters , my girlfriend wants a 4 wheeler but I dont want her on anything that will be very powerful because she is just starting out ridin. I know the blaster is small but I want a really light wheeler basicly just to mess around on, I will be working so much wont have alot of time to ride. I know I wont get my money out of them but Iam basicly lookin to have some fun and dont need to go 70.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

I also forgot to add that I will be mostly trail riding with big 4x4's and I wont have time to race on the track anymore , maby just mess around no the track but nothing serousie like when i had my 400ex , thank guys you have been very helpful

Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For just a little riding ever once in a while a blaster should be fine. As you know they won't be the quickest, most comforable, or reliable thing out there, but you can still definitely have some fun on one. You'll probably have to learn to stand up when riding more often though, because between their bouncy suspension and short, narrow wheelbase, they go a lot of bucking around in rough terrain and can really beat you up on a longer ride.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Range Rover

Thats what I figured , should I get longer a-arms to help to ride on it ? I can probaly get some for cheap through a buddy of mine

Old 02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

and do you like your swaplights better for the trails ? The blaster had shredders but a more agressive tire will be needed for the spring and fall for when things are really wet. My buddie had pure sport bandits on his 04 blaster , they were a nice tire.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think a-arms would be worth the investment on a blaster you're only going to ride occasionally. What I would recommend, at least until you get some more seat time on it and know you want to keep it, is to flip the wheels. Blasters came from the factory with the wheel offset pretty narrow. If you take the wheels off and put them back on so the valve stem is facing towards the center of the machine, you'll gain 3-5 inches of width out of it. That only works on the pre-2003 models with the drum brakes though, the valve stem will hit the brake calipers on the newer ones.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

and do you like your swaplights better for the trails ? The blaster had shredders but a more agressive tire will be needed for the spring and fall for when things are really wet. My buddie had pure sport bandits on his 04 blaster , they were a nice tire.
These swamplites are on a whole different level than the bandits. They wear better and hook up like nothing I ever rode on before. But the warrior is a tank and has a lot of torque compared to the blaster, so the extra weight of these tires doesn't slow it down much. I think a blaster would really feel the extra weight these will add. Just one 22" swamplite weighs about twice as much, if not more, than a shredder.

For a lighter, sporier mud tire, I think Maxxis Sur-Traks would really work well for you. They still do good in all kinds of terrain, but you'll still be able to slide them around the corners and get the blaster to do what you want it to. I had them on my Honda Recon and they worked really well for it, I think they would also be perfect for a blaster.

Quick Reply: Dunno If iam making a mistake or not.....