Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEW BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW BANSHEE

Anyone who belives that is just plain down right stupid, i mean come on Yamaha already have a YFZ450 and a 700 Raptor so why make a 4-stroke Banshee 500??? Exaactly Squeege its called April fools day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW BANSHEE

def a joke remember last years joke the 8 wheeled thing.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

Improve it??? The aftermarket has already imrpoved the banshee beyond what any manufactur can>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>

im not saying i believe it 100%, i did hear rumors before they killed it off though...and why a while back on the yamaha site was yamaha collecting info on what people liked about the banshee?

if you think a banshee is a perfect machine, i dont think you've ever riden a good handling atv. the banshee has allot of room for improvement. the engine screams but is not a very good handling machine. yeah the aftermarket has every part available for it to improve things- but i have to spend allot to get it where i want it. if the OEM redesigns it, slates it as a new banshee it's better deal for the consumer without inflated middleman aftermerket prices added on.

IF its not aprils fools joke, i dont see how changing the engine negates what made the banshee appealing. if it still screams and wails, handles better than the original design the banshee can reborn. yamaha should not have any probs selling it. eventually all the haters of the idea will come around when their freind gets one and it turns out not so bad...if they make it...im just saying dont dissmiss the idea when #1 are they going to make it, and #2 its not proven to suck yet (thats pending #1)...

Old 02-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW BANSHEE

What we have here is the classic six million dollar man deal.

We have the technology, we will rebuild "HIM/IT". We'll make him stronger, faster, more agile.

I think its a great idea if they keep the name and redesign itwith a different engine.

The Chevy camaro and ford mustangs have been redesigned, should ford have called the mustang something different when they offered them with a 4 or 6 cyl? should the camaro be called something different when it is offered with a 6 cylinder? I dont think so.

Keep the Banshee name and keep its lineage, it is a machine that Yamaha should be very proud of and I dont see a reason to kill the name unless it cannot live up to the Former Shees legacy.

If they build a turd and market it as the new shee then they will disappoint a lot of people. But if it is a truly great machine, think about how happy all of the customers will be to say I have the newest shee out there and it will stomp my old one.

Hope they do the right thing and build a killer machine whatever they choose to call it.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:57 AM
Range Rover
Default NEW BANSHEE

Gotta like KFXandaHemi; Com-on people it's a motor, chassi and a brand name. It's caled evolution, let it take it's course. The west coast duners are a huge market and they will jump at a bike like that (may not be able to put all that power to the sand, but who cares) It's called marketing. Truley all us serious duners know when you have a certain amount of power available there's only so much throttle you can apply without going Vert; and looking at the wild blue sky. Maybe it'll be the next modified drag bike ? April fools or not, it has our attention.... Smile and have fun with it....

Old 02-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

Remember when Ford improved the Mustang?

They called it the Probe...

Oops...

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

the probe was a hippies wet dream to replace the mustang. mustang never was dropped from fords lineup. it was 'futuristic' car that was getting attention as a possible new sports car for them... the mustang has been redone several times. some were better than others, but nonetheless it's part of their heritage and i dont see them ever dropping it for good. i bet the thunderbird returns oneday too...

remember when ford came out with the 05 mustangs? cant keep them in stock. the same will apply when the new camaro returns...but uh-oh - it wont have the same engine as it did in 2002! so i guess they cant call it a camaro... the new silverados have generation iv vortec engines in them (no 350s for quite a while now by the way) and the new ford and chevy HDs will have different engines as well... i guess we cant call them silverados or F-Series anymore..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default NEW BANSHEE

If it is no joke maybe they will call it the Banshee II. Like the Bronco II. ?? Who knows.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Range Rover
Default NEW BANSHEE

We'll have to wait and see; but I did laugh at the hippie comments.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW BANSHEE

Originally posted by: klier
Remember when Ford improved the Mustang?

They called it the Probe...

Oops...

yhea the An@l probe
I always have seen brown ones for some reason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hate those ugly frisbee/spaceships

Quick Reply: NEW BANSHEE