Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

washington state ORV ban bill

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washington state ORV ban bill

Hello this needs to be passed on so more people know about it. It will ban all ATV and motorcycle offroads. http://www.soundrider.com/current/sb5544.htm[/L] http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2...Bills/5544.pdf

Not sure if I posted the links right I am new at this just copy and paste them in your browser. I am just trying to help out for a sport we all love.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

That first link should be this http://www.soundrider.com/current/sb5544.htm

Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope your legislature doesnt pass it, even though im on the other side of the country im pulling for ya! its a shame that a few people in power who dont know the joy of riding can bring that on. GOOD LUCK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

I hope this doesn't pass.

But.

I have to ask the question to the ATV and related off road motorcycle and snowmobile etc riding community: What exactly do you expect? How many times to we see people on these forums asking "which one of these exhausts are the loudest?" How many times do we hear people asking "I want the most power possible and I want it to sound mean" How many people exhibit the attitude that they will ride a machine that is as loud as they want it to be as long as it is legal for them to be doing so?

If you want to close down riding areas and get legislation like this passed two things do it. Noise and trespassing on private property. Both of those things ATV riders do to themselves. We dig our own graves and we have no one to blame but ourselves for it. We can't blame the tree huggers and we can't blame the nanny crowd. It is the people in our own ranks that screw us. Instead of worrying about getting every last ounce of power out the exhaust we should be screaming at the performance exhaust manufacturers to start making exhausts systems that drop sound levels as quiet as possible.

The next time you see some guy on a Banshee winding out his piped machine on your local trail, the guys with a Brute Forces and Grizzlies with loud exhausts crossing over onto neighboring private property and the herd of two strokes and piped sport quads that sound like a pack hyenas being gang raped by hornets riding in the distance you will see exactly why this sort of legislation gets written and passed.

We do it to ourselves and in the end we only have ourselves to blame.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Trailblazer

In reply to the above post this bill is for any audible sound comming from the ORV not the current 96db it is already at. This would ban a stock 50cc quad or bike. They want to get rid of anything with a motor on it. I like all bikes and quads stock or modified this bill is ridiculous in it's nature it bans ORV not wetbikes or snowmobiles and is totaly against bikes and quads only. If anybody knows how to pass this information on to let other people know it would help.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Just another bonehead bill that when the muttonheads realize it means reelection, theyll drop it.
If it does pass it wont last long and neither will the authors of the bill. They have no idea about the MONEY that OHV use brings to communities like the one where I live in Oregon. OHV users spend more money per year here than SKIERS do! At any camp, the USFS says in warm months the users are 85% OUT OF STATE. that's amazing!
I've met people from GERMANY 25 miles from my house in a USFS riding area! It was COOL.
If you Washington folks need to ride, feel free to come down and ride in Oregon, get the sticker, $15/2years, big deal, youre welcome here!
Make sure you cut those politicos off at the KNEES.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centralorego...ps/index.shtml
check out this site, this is how we do it in Oregon.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

Well the thing is that it will raise taxes by closeing it. The states get alot of money from us registitering our ATV's. We just went to a meeting where some people banned us from riding in the ditchs, but they can mow them with out paying for registration on there lawnmowers.

Maybe we should all get together and ban something that they like, golf, fishing, what ever.

Good luck, get a patetion together and take it to the capitail.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah and Washington is FAMOUS for all their dern taxes!!!
Oregon doesnt even have a sales tax!~
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

What i don't get is why the hate for ATV's by our state.. What about rice burners? what about streetbikes? what about loud trucks? what about airplanes? we have all these sources of "Noise Pollution" But ORV's are the target. why do our tree hugging hippies want us outta the woods so bad? and why is our state such a got dam big brother state.. doesnt anyone know how to run their own life anymore. Personally. Im rather sick of this state taking away our freedoms and access to the land. These tree huggers do not realize the impact these "death traps" have on the economy.. how many people have jobs because of these. tree huggers are self rightious Piles of S%%%! Its time for Smug powered vehicles around here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

Because, oneflycowboy, we're making ourselves easy targets.

Go to one of those riding areas. We've all seen the spots on the trail where some idiot has taken it upon himself to go tearing off the marked trail and spin donuts. We've all seen the corners where certain riders make a conscious decision to goose the throttle and slide the rear out and roost and create a rut and berm on the trail. We've all seen the hillsides off the trail that have been irreparably scarred and eroded by people hill climbing. You can bet those people are the same types who don't care about keeping noise to an absolute minimum. All they care about it making noise and making sure they're getting as much power out of their machines as possible consequences to the future of the sport be damned.

The environmentalist extremist crowd are extremely well funded. Better funded than the ATV and manufacturer lobbying community combined. They have HUGE money backers. Monster money. They have the backing of international treaties and international governing bodies like the UN and NGOs (non governmental organizations) too numerous to count.

They're using the tried and true methods of divide and conquer. They've turned landowners against ATVers. It wasn't exactly difficult. Again, ATV riders were in large part doing it to ourselves by annoying the landowners by being noisy and with never ending trespassing issues. The tree hugger crowds realize this and are using it to their advantage. They'll back this bill with full force if they get wind of it. Of course eventually they'll come for the private property of the landowners but they won't let on about that yet.

We have to realize that ATVers, every one of us, is under a microscope, especially on public lands or when we interact with the public. Every singe time some idiot messes up and does something stupid it is just more ammunition for the other side. Every time some idiot bolts on some annoyingly loud exhaust on his ATV and rides off to annoy his neighbors and everyone in earshot and god forbid takes it to your local trail, he is wrecking your future to ride.

Think about that the next time someone asks "What is the loudest exhaust I can put on my XYZ" or " how to I rip the baffles out of my muffler?"

Quick Reply: washington state ORV ban bill