Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woods Warrior

Originally posted by: Raptor450
[My boyfriend wants to upgrade his Raptor shocks

I take it you're a girl and not queer.
Lmfao queer no clue why but the way you said that was just funny as he l l lol.Ok now back to the subject the flipped front wheel's will<<< beat your wrist up you will find the handle bars being jerked outta your hads alot or just make your arms and wrist hurt so the flipped wheels has ups and downs..

Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Woods Warrior

Yeah, flipped wheels aren't helping you either if you're getting beat up from riding. That extra leverage really amplifies the bump steer.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Default Woods Warrior

Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
Originally posted by: Raptor450
[My boyfriend wants to upgrade his Raptor shocks

I take it you're a girl and not queer.
Lmfao queer no clue why but the way you said that was just funny as he l l lol.Ok now back to the subject the flipped front wheel's will<<< beat your wrist up you will find the handle bars being jerked outta your hads alot or just make your arms and wrist hurt so the flipped wheels has ups and downs..
I just had to check, you never know these days.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default Woods Warrior

Right- better to ask! LOL
I don't have the flipped wheels on it- I own them, the queer that stole my old Warrior flipped them for me (thanks alot) and I recovered them. Haven't put them on. I'm just getting older and fatigue sets in- so the steering dampner sounds nice, but only if it's going to be a significant gain. Otherwise I may just do a thorough check of my front end components, like you'all said, and see where I am.
And I'll keep my eyes open for some shocks!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Woods Warrior

A decent dampner will make a night and day difference on any quad. Your warrior will feel like a whole new machine when you start blasting straight through the rough stuff instead of getting thrown all over the place and fighting it all the way.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Woods Warrior

Originally posted by: lucasislight
i have these sweet stainless steel heavy duty tie rods, im looking for heavy duty ends for them. when i find them
I have stainless tie rods and Honda style ends from Ricky Stator, the whole set was like $200 dollars, but is a much better setup, that will probably last forever unless I hit something and bend one. The Yamaha uses a male threaded rod end, whereas the Honda style is a female threaded rod end.

You can find more info here:
Ricky Stator Warrior Stainless Tie Rods/Ends

As far as jumping goes, you definitely need to upgrade shocks. I havn't , but will be soon.

Also, if your riding in the woods, I recommend some Holeshot XCR or XCT tires. They are taller and provide more ground clearance. I noticed a considerable difference when I switched from my 20x11-9" Shredders, to the 22x11-9" XCT's I'm using now. I also have 22x7-10"XC's on the front. When it comes time to replace, I'll be buying a set of 23x7-10" XCT's for the front.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Woods Warrior

yeah i like that style better, but i got these tie rods for 20 bucks, i couldnt pass up the deal. im not even sure if i am going to use them yet, they have the yamaha style female threads. any ideas where to find some yamaha style heavy duty tie rod ends? i dont want to buy oem ends, when though they would fit. i have never had an oem end fail, i just figured i would make the entire assembly HD.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Woods Warrior

No such thing as heavy duty male threaded tie rod ends. There's nothing you can do to signifigantly improve on the design without completely replacing everything.

For anyone thinking of upgrading to the honda-style tie rod kit, do not, under any circumstances, buy a Tusk brand kit, including the ones from trailtracksand.com. The ends will be shot after about 10 hours of riding. My choice is the ASR kit, which uses a male threaded rod, and female heim joints, which offer a better range of motion than standard ball joints.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Woods Warrior

Originally posted by: OutlawSS
Right- better to ask! LOL
I don't have the flipped wheels on it- I own them, the queer that stole my old Warrior flipped them for me (thanks alot) and I recovered them. Haven't put them on. I'm just getting older and fatigue sets in- so the steering dampner sounds nice, but only if it's going to be a significant gain. Otherwise I may just do a thorough check of my front end components, like you'all said, and see where I am.
And I'll keep my eyes open for some shocks!
Wow cant bealive ya found your warrior after it got stolen very lucky mickey dunlap can do some awesome work on your motor if you ever want to drop a lil money send him the motor thats already out with a lil money make it a 446 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...And yea raptor450 you dont never know these day's.. lol

Old 03-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Woods Warrior

Originally posted by: recon99
For anyone thinking of upgrading to the honda-style tie rod kit, do not, under any circumstances, buy a Tusk brand kit, including the ones from trailtracksand.com. The ends will be shot after about 10 hours of riding.
i see a set of yamaha style ends from tusk on ebay
tie rod ends
is the design as bad as the honda style ends? am i better off just getting a new set of oem ends? about the same price.

Quick Reply: Woods Warrior