Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rhino supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino supercharged

Normally I try to avoid hi-jacking threads but, I'm thinking the original poster had a little too much bull for breakfast. . .

The Counter-sprocket off the engine feeds the reverse box. The reverse box can run either forward or reverse. It is Tom Pro's design. I know he has a couple chains in there then connecting to stub-shafts. The CV's are connected up then the axels. . .

I can run reverse in any gear but, have only ever run it in one.

The rear-wheel drive is fixed in back so, my turning in camp is not very good. This makes the reverse box even more needed.

I've got a moorse cable that engages either forward or reverse on the box. Have to be stopped to move it and it is just a little notchy to engage but, it works.

I've heard some guys over at www.minibuggy.net talk about putting a starter on with a one-way bearing. . . I like the idea because you could engauge easily. I haven't had a need to back-up more than 20' at a time so, this would seem to work fine for me.

Anyways, it works for me.

Size wise, about 27" wide by 30" tall by 10" deep??? Guess.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Thanks
Normally I try to avoid hi-jacking threads but, I'm thinking the original poster had a little too much bull for breakfast. . .
Ha ha ha ha................
Thanks again DM.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Weekend before Memorial Day Weekend.

We are going up Thursday after work so we'll have all day Friday for more riding.

Can't wait. . . this is the first trip with the new Raptor 700.

If you show, I'll give you a ride in the Tom-Pro rail. . . BYO-Depends. . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL! Let's see last time I took a ride like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think I was removing sand from various parts of my body for over a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I don't think "Depends" would of helped me there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We are trying to get a weekend in somewhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife's work hours keep getting in the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] If we can make it work I'll let you know.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Thanks
Ha ha ha ha................
Thanks again DM.
Opps, did we do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

to much bull for breakfast hu why cuz i did not post pics with in a couple days? you guys have too much time on your hands you must be a an internet geek so have fun on the computer and ill have my fun riding good luck with your rail keep scaring your self FIRST TIMER come to the hill when your ready to ride with the big boys

Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol

And yet we still don't have pictures? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Seriously though. . . I don't know you from Adam. . . I've just seen a lot more kids come on the forums and in their less than 10 posts talk about things that are BS. . . usually they don't show up again. . .
If this isn't the case for you then don't get pushed out of shape. . . just one of those things that when the points start adding up generally speaking the shoe-fits.

Anyways, post some pictures so we can check out your ride. Sounds like there are a number of people interested in the Supercharged Rhino as well.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

with your raptor 700 you can get a TFI controller I think it was call TFI but I have put these on a couple machines and they are really easy to tune and install you should beable to get them from tucker rocky or western power dont know if you still need just seen that you were looking for something like that in the discription by the machines you have

Old 04-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

OH my I didn't see that.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, my Jetted comment is kind of an inside joke for all my DS650 buds. . .

I always laugh when people advertise their quad for sale and in the description they say "Jetted" as if that adds $1000's to the price of the quad. . .funny thing is, so many have done it that now we all have to do it because there are enough people out there that think the "Jetted" option is something worth paying extra for!!! There are a lot of people that buy used quads that know nothing about them.

Anyways, I've got the PowerCommander III, Dual Barker In-Frames and the Trinity intake on mine. . . Wife has her's stock (for now). I just put all this stuff on mine last weekend so, can't wait to get it to the hill again. This Raptor is a big change for me. . . I had a DS650 (bored/stroked to 760) for years so, it is going to take some getting used to.

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey i got a couple of pics of the rhino on my profile

Quick Reply: Rhino supercharged