Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee v/s raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vision,

Just wondering, have you ever timed your Banshee in the 100yd on asphalt? Not to knock your machine either, but why the welded crank pins.
Are you planning on running N2O?

Old 12-31-2000, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

all i know is what i was told about the k/n i didnt go poping open the air box to take a look no more then i took the carb apart to look at the jets it had .just saying what he told me he had done. but it had a pipe for sure you cant miss that.

Old 01-13-2001, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Croc stock for stock the Raptor destroys a Banshee. Pipe the Banshee and it gets closer.

Old 01-13-2001, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

I am not goin by magazine. I own a Raptor and have beaten several Banshees

Old 01-17-2001, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

Fearthisraptor,
Fix your url please.

Old 01-17-2001, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

I know thats real, i have it on good authority that K@N wont even release a filter for the Raptor until the later part of January. Much less have it avalable to order within 2 weeks after that.

Old 01-17-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hear me now and understand me when u are looking at Banshee tail lights. A Raptor is nowhere near as fast a s a Banshee, stock or otherwise. Im sure that the Raptor will beat it on a short drag race in the dirt while the Banshee is spinning its *** off, but as soon as it hooks it is sucking up the Raptor hard. I am not harping on Banshees just because i have one. I have a Raptor and a Banshee. And a Raptor with pipes and jetting might be able to hang with a stock banshee. I have a 99 Shee with Toomy T-5 pipes and silencers and thats about it, and it beats the hell out of my Raptor with gearing, pipe, and jetting. Dont believe the hype, the Raptor is a good bike indeed but it is not anywhere near as hard as it is cracked up to be

Old 01-19-2001, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't lost to a raptor yet... but with my mod line would you expect me to?

Brad

Old 01-19-2001, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Stock for stock I belive the Raptor will be faster and quicker than a Banshee. I was racing a Raptor at Gecko Rd. in Glamis over Thanksgiving and he (the Raptor) would get the expected hole shot and would be beating me up until about fourth gear, then I would catch and pass him. His Raptor was stock (at least it did not have pipes or anything obvious) and my Banshee has the usual "bolt ons". If I would have been stock I am quite sure the Raptor would have beat me.

RoostKing...

Old 01-19-2001, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

As a Raptor owner and a tough competitor in our group of riders, I can say this. The stock Raptor and stock Banshee are very close in a drag.

BUT put a stock Raptor up against a 100 MPH modded Banshee and what result would you expect?

This Bashee rips apart tires. (Ruined a set of Cepek Spider Traks doin 100 mph beside a car. Ripped all the nylon cords...).

You can't compete with a modded Banshee. Period. If you want the baddest sand machine around, by a Banshee and modify it.

In the sand, stay with the Banshee, you will be much happier. (That dude with a 420 kit must kill everything except a select few. Holy S***!)

But if you are like me, buy the Raptor because it runs like a 400EX with guts. Do the trail riding, woods, and a bit of sand. Buy it new so you don't have to fix it, maintain it, and sell it in a couple of years and buy another.

Modifying a machine intentionally puts more stress on parts which weren't made for it. That 100 mph Banshee spends a ton of time in the shop. My Raptor get's an oil change, filter cleaning, fuel and a wash. It starts every time I want it to, and it flies. It's simple really. A happy Raptor owner. I guess I just fit into the Yamaha target market.

RM

Quick Reply: banshee v/s raptor