Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good pipe

HMF all the way. I couldn't be happier.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: foxrider24

hey guys i just bought the white brothers mx 4 for my raptor 350 and i havent got it yet and i wanted to know if anyone else had one and if ill be happy with it</end quote></div>

White Brothers pipes look good on paper.....that is their peak HP according to dyno tests. My brother had one on his 400EX and it did OK, but I never really liked the way it sounded.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

When it comes to slip on pipe..there are alot of good ones out there for cheep..Im just not a slip on fan..IMO the header is worth the money..And if it was me..I think the best pipe out there right now is the sparks system..and i think there one of the best sounding too..

Old 06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DriverDoyle

When it comes to slip on pipe..there are alot of good ones out there for cheep..Im just not a slip on fan..IMO the header is worth the money..And if it was me..I think the best pipe out there right now is the sparks system..and i think there one of the best sounding too..</end quote></div>

Yeah, but unfortunately Sparks doesnt make pipes anymore for the Warrior/Raptor 350. Sparks is also my first choice. And you dont gain anything by replacing the header pipe on a Raptor 350. Other bikes you do, but not the 350. The factory header pipe is oversized as it is, and the aftermarket ones are no bigger, so why waste the money? I'm still running the factory pipe on mine, and I did a lot of research on this to make sure it would give me the performance I needed out of my pipe.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, but unfortunately Sparks doesnt make pipes anymore for the Warrior/Raptor 350. Sparks is also my first choice. And you dont gain anything by replacing the header pipe on a Raptor 350. Other bikes you do, but not the 350. The factory header pipe is oversized as it is, and the aftermarket ones are no bigger, so why waste the money? I'm still running the factory pipe on mine, and I did a lot of research on this to make sure it would give me the performance I needed out of my pipe.</end quote></div>

Well i know that on a rappy 350 a header will help on a built motor...That little warrior on my pipe page had a tone of money in it..and a lot of blood and tears in work..and on a built rappy/warrior it does make a little diffents.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, but unfortunately Sparks doesnt make pipes anymore for the Warrior/Raptor 350. Sparks is also my first choice. And you dont gain anything by replacing the header pipe on a Raptor 350. Other bikes you do, but not the 350. The factory header pipe is oversized as it is, and the aftermarket ones are no bigger, so why waste the money? I'm still running the factory pipe on mine, and I did a lot of research on this to make sure it would give me the performance I needed out of my pipe.</end quote></div>

Well i know that on a rappy 350 a header will help on a built motor...That little warrior on my pipe page had a tone of money in it..and a lot of blood and tears in work..and on a built rappy/warrior it does make a little diffents.</end quote></div>

I, too have a built motor and Mickey Dunlap at Four Stroke Tech told me theres no need to replace the headpipe on a Warrior or Raptor 350 (they use the same headpipe). Also my local engine builder (known as Fast Freddie for building fast ATVs including several Warriors) agreed that the factory headpipe produces just as much HP and torque as the aftermarket pipes. I think I'll trust their judgement on this one. The slip-on is where you gain your power. This headpipe rule doesnt apply to other bikes, only the 350. They also said a rev box is a waste of money for the 350.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Trinity Stage IV Exaust system. Massive power increase.. run ya about 475 through atv galaxy FREE SHIPPING&gt;....

Old 07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

same with the 03 350 Wolverine..HMF told me they tried many headpipes and found none made any more effect then the oem one on the bike..They said dont waste your money on a full exhaust..

Well i know that on a rappy 350 a header will help on a built motor...That little warrior on my pipe page had a tone of money in it..and a lot of blood and tears in work..and on a built rappy/warrior it does make a little diffents.</end quote></div>

I, too have a built motor and Mickey Dunlap at Four Stroke Tech told me theres no need to replace the headpipe on a Warrior or Raptor 350 (they use the same headpipe). Also my local engine builder (known as Fast Freddie for building fast ATVs including several Warriors) agreed that the factory headpipe produces just as much HP and torque as the aftermarket pipes. I think I'll trust their judgement on this one. The slip-on is where you gain your power. This headpipe rule doesnt apply to other bikes, only the 350. They also said a rev box is a waste of money for the 350.</end quote></div>