Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

were do yall order your parts from?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default were do yall order your parts from?

what internet sites does everyone prder parts from?

thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know what kind of bike you have but ive found forums for you bike have sponsers and they give great deals.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

depends what i need... if it's OE... i usually just go to the dealership.. i get a 15% discount there... unless i feel i can get soemthing stronger/ better made and i go that route...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I go to ronniesmailorder.com or magicracing.com. Ronnies has a microfiche that comes in handy, too.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I get a pretty good deal on OE stuff at the dealership and it's usually for things that I would rather have as OE.
Other than that I order from Kimpex (www.kimpex.com) because we have a dealer network here.
Some small items come from local motorsports shops or even hardware stores.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Please delete

Hit submit twice in error

Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Range Rover

Since I do not have a dealer closer than 45 miles one way , I use internet shopping the most.
MR Cycles.com here is a link
http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp

Old 09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Our dealership is difficult to deal with when it comes to OEM parts. Everything you order needs to be paid for 100% before they will even place the order, and absolutely nothing OEM that I have needed in the last several years has been in stock. So this can be a real pain when you need something cheap and simple like the plastic rivets that hold on the body panels on a Rhino or a Grizzly. The dealer charges $2.00 for each plastic rivet, and even if you only need one of them you have to drive all the way down to the dealership and give them the $2.00 before they will even order it for you. It ends up costing $10.00 in gas, and $2.00 for the part, and then you have to wait a week to get the part, and drive back down to the dealership to pick it up.

And the prices the dealer charges are absolutely top dollar, and not one bit less. If I order from motogrid.com I can get any OEM part from any brand, for almost half the price as from the dealer, and I can get the part overnight on UPS if I need it. For example, the plastic rivets that I mentioned above cost $2.00 from the dealer, and $1.08 from motogrid.com. I also just had to replace the main output shaft on the primary clutch for our Rhino. The local dealer wanted $276.00 for the OEM part, and motogrid.com wanted $177.00 for the exact same OEM part.

I think you would have to be pretty naieve to buy any OEM part from the dealer. The dealer is for warranty repairs, and they will still deny 90% of those.

DV

Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Go to www.magnoliatractor.com and check out Bob Cobb.....he sells OE Yamaha parts wholesale. Here is his contact info I just copied from their web site.....Bob Cobb
Yamaha Parts and Accessories
Phone : (870)234-5003
Toll Free 1-877-243-3337

I have dealt with the guy with several large orders and he will go out of his way to help you and is an awesome guy.

Also, for aftermarket parts, you cannot beat www.rockymountainatv.com. Their customer service is second to none.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DesertViper

Our dealership is difficult to deal with when it comes to OEM parts. Everything you order needs to be paid for 100% before they will even place the order, and absolutely nothing OEM that I have needed in the last several years has been in stock. So this can be a real pain when you need something cheap and simple like the plastic rivets that hold on the body panels on a Rhino or a Grizzly. The dealer charges $2.00 for each plastic rivet, and even if you only need one of them you have to drive all the way down to the dealership and give them the $2.00 before they will even order it for you. It ends up costing $10.00 in gas, and $2.00 for the part, and then you have to wait a week to get the part, and drive back down to the dealership to pick it up.

And the prices the dealer charges are absolutely top dollar, and not one bit less. If I order from motogrid.com I can get any OEM part from any brand, for almost half the price as from the dealer, and I can get the part overnight on UPS if I need it. For example, the plastic rivets that I mentioned above cost $2.00 from the dealer, and $1.08 from motogrid.com. I also just had to replace the main output shaft on the primary clutch for our Rhino. The local dealer wanted $276.00 for the OEM part, and motogrid.com wanted $177.00 for the exact same OEM part.

I think you would have to be pretty naieve to buy any OEM part from the dealer. The dealer is for warranty repairs, and they will still deny 90% of those.

DV</end quote></div>

No offence to anyone but your local dealer sounds like a dick.
If they don't want to sell parts or treat their customers well, then they should get out of the dealer business.

Quick Reply: were do yall order your parts from?