Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Plows

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plows

Plows I am planning ot get one i will use it the most for snow. let me know the goods and bads if u have any with plows.
what plow would people recommend?
What is the best setup and fastest to remove?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plows

I've had 2, an eagle, and a moose. The moose was on my first grizz, and I loved the way it pushed snow, but it was a pain in the **** to take off/on. I have an eagle now on my 07 grizz. Taking it off and on is a breeze, but, I don't care for the way it pushes snow. If I push very far without sideboards, the snow is all but gone off both sides. (the moose would also lose some, but not nearly as much). My neighbor has my old grizz and plow. We clean the roads side by side, and he can pretty much run circles around me with it. Also, I could run the moose across frozen ground with no probs, but the eagle will dig. Adjusting the eagles blade angle made no difference. I would like a combination of the 2, quickness/ease of the eagle's removal/installatioin, and push-blade of the moose) any suggestions anyone? I've hit objects froze to the ground with both, and both trip just fine and pop back up. I've hit items pretty hard, and have not as of yet bent a blade, so both blades are durable.

The only real problem with them, and not to eithers fault, is I break my stock winch cable almost daily. Mines a warn 2500lb, but I think the darn cable on them are 50lb test strength... lol