Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Camo durability question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camo durability question

I have a 2007 camo 450 grizzly. My question is, has anyone had problems with the camo screening coming off of their plastic? I like to use a fender bag, and tank bag when I go riding, but I'm afraid that dirt will get behind it, and abrade the camo off of the fenders. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've had both the realtree and ducks unlimited camo and I've never had an issue with the topside camo coming off... I did notice the underside of the realtree one (probably the same plastics you have) would come off with a pressure washer... With the new griz700 plastics, it doesn't...

Old 09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

I have the realtree on a 2006 Kodiak 450 and it has been very durable. The only thing I have noticed is it will get shiny were somthing rubs on it but it takes alot to rub through it. I had a travel cover that did not fit good on mine for a 2,000 mile trip and it did rub thru in one small spot were the fender rolls over. it is black under the camo.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

i have a camo brute force and it holds up well. it hasnt peeled or anything and holds up well to scratches. it did dump it once or twice and it scratches through to the plastic underneath it. on my kawis it is black plastic underneath but i can hardly tell. the camo does a great job of hiding everything including mud dust and scratches it still looks like new as opposed to the gloss plastic which would probably look like hell already. someone told me it doesnt like getting gas spilt on it but ive done it a few times and it hasnt affected it at all. imo it is worth the extra $

Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the replies everyone. Does anyone else have any comments?

Old 09-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

I own an '07 Kodiak 450 Camo and Yamaha replaced the front fender assembly due to a "Loonie" sized chunk of the camo flaking off. They told me it was improper adhesion and it was the second incident the encountered. Other than that it's been great.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone cracked the Fenders due to rolling onto them or impacting the fenders? I have the camo on my 2006 and there are no rubber fender skirts like on some other ATV's. Will they stand up to impacts well?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have similar atv's, I have a 700 Outdoorsman. How do the larger tires you have work, and can you explain to a new rider how the shock adjustments work. My bike feels very tipsy. Thanks

Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

I have the realtree hard wood on my kawasaki brute force and am surprised how well it holds up, can't see any scratches, it seems to be a part of the atv, I never have seen any of it come off or peel. I also think it's well worth it.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

old thread I know..
but just wanted to say some of my camo has chipped/flaked off on the rear fenders when squeezing through trees.

Its a little tighter on some trails then my bruin was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Camo durability question