Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is the difference between the air filter and full system air filter

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference between the air filter and full system air filter

hi there

some ppl say install air filer from K&N and other say install the full system of air filter...

so what is the difference between them by how to install and by parts and by power

thank you guys

Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default What is the difference between the air filter and full system air filter

Replies removed.

Let's try to be a little more helpful here.

Not sure what you mean by full system air filter. Running without airbox, or adding an filter lid?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

I'm pretty sure their talking about a Prodesign system which has it's own intake for the UNI filter to clamp around. It's a great system which is more secure than the stock filter. I would never run a K&N on a YFZ, check out the link
http://www.motoworldracing.com...r-Filter-kits-ATV.html

Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

they say the full system is running without the air box and use ( air filter and pipe from the air filter to the engine with some of small filter in the pipe )
like ESR full system of air filter and full custom

the only air filter is like only K&N filter with the yfz air box or without the yfz air box

now i want to now what is the best power and good for the engine
thank you

Old 10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

thank you very much CamoKodiak450 for the link [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i would never run a K&N on any quad.... ESR's setup on my buddies 250r when they sent him a bunch of parts was just a bent peice of pipe for the filter

Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

LESS RESTRICTION=BIGGER HOLES=MORE DIRT GETS THROUGH

Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: STRAIGHTUPDAHILL

LESS RESTRICTION=BIGGER HOLES=MORE DIRT GETS THROUGH</end quote></div>

EXACTLY

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

There are different set-ups depending on what you want.

1) You can either leave your stock intake (cone shaped peice inside your filter) and just replace the filter. Really not much if any gain here.

2) You can go with a intake/filter set-up like linked above that removes the restrictive cone and allows more air in with a new filter.

3) Another option on the 450 is to go with a set-up that replaces the filter,intake and intake tube that runs to the carb.

You can run any of these with either types of filters although Im not sure you can find the 3rd with a foam, you would have to find one that fit.

I have ran both UNI's and K&N's and have never had any issues from either.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

thank you guys for the tip
i see the ESR full system ( air filter ) came with filter and pipe and thy say we will remove the original filter - pipe - air box...
than thy will install the ESR full air system without the air box and thy say we will install big jet nit to me come work good and yoshimura full exhaust system are this all good for my ATV its yfz 450

and thy say you can install (FULL CUSTOM) full air system or (ESR) full air system
thy say the (ESR) give 5 hp and the (FULL CUSTOM) give 7hp are that real!!!

Quick Reply: What is the difference between the air filter and full system air filter