Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Problem

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I bought a 2005 Banshee, last month at the coast while I was on a little Vacation over there,First it ran good over-there on the sand-dunes,I went to the desert this last weekend and it run tear-able,,The only thing I changed on it was, I put a set of FMF silencers on it with no spark-aresters in them, I got over there and had to ajust the idle way up or it would die, after it got hot we had to pull it to start it!!! And it wouldnt ever run with my wifes stock Ex400 honda??? I have always wanted one of these things I just like the way they Look&sound,I have a 660 Raptor,but would like to sell it if I can figure out this Banshee,Did I lean it out or, has it got other problems, it just does not run like I have seen them do. Please Help!! Eddieo51.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Problem

Did you jet and carbs after you put the pipes on? And change the plugs one might be fould out.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Problem

also remove air box lid

Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Banshee Problem

eddieo, it woulcd be a number of diff. things, i don't thi8nk it was the carb and non-jettting of it, b/c you said it ran after you put i on, and only got progressively worse. I don't know much about banshees but in general, the FMF pipes you put on it, where there supposed to be silencers on it? if so, maybe you burnt up your exhaust valves and dont' have compression, thus the non-starting with the kick. If it was jetted lean, then you mighta burnt up your rings on the piston, and that could cause the same symptoms too. For that, you can do a compression test, if it doesn't have pressure you know it's the rings, unless you know alot about engines it would prolly be good just to take it to someone you can trust to tell you the truth.

also, banshees, blasters and other 2 strokes are alot of maintainence, so regardless of what's wrong with it now, you'll be rebuilding it alot depending on how you ride it. I just figured i'd give ya the heads up.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Problem

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Thanks, I didnt change the muffers, just the sileners!!! I did put a k&n filter in it also, no rejet!!, I wanted to keep it stock or real close for depenabilaty,I dont know any thing about 2 strokes,worked on a-lot of 4 strokes,what kind of compression should it have???? and is it possable I could have a stuck REED valve.Man I just dont know,it acts like its getting on the rev limiter but its not winding up at all, like it should,like I said my wifes ex400 will just run away from it!!!!! I know these things run better than that,Think I will put the stock silemers back on and stock filter and see if it gets better. Thanks Eddie.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Problem

bansheehq is where the banshee experts hang out.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Range Rover
Default Banshee Problem

uh well you said it isn't winding out, that prolly Is jetting, sounds like what you're talking abvout is the powerband...i really don't know much about 2-strokes, so i dunno i was just using basic engine princples...like i said b4 i dun like 2-strokes, sorry i couldn't help ya more...good luck.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Problem

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Thanks Guy, I think I am on the rite page NOW. I took a compression test on it and its low!!! 70 pounds on both Jugs. Come to find out my son-n-law was riding it that I didnt know about and ran it out of gas!!!! He didnt know it took mixed GAS and put Reg gas in it and ran it, I thought it wasnt Smoke-n much!! SO I got a couple of Fried Pistons and prolly need a piston+ring+bore job!!!!! Man I could Shoot him!!!!!! O-Well no-body got hurt. Thanks a bunch. Eddie.