Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to this forum

i am looking to get a new exhaust system for my raptor, i am thinking about HMF sport series, but i wanted to ask yall advice, i want to get one with a good ballence of sound and function, what should i get?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

LRD!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

I have the hmf sport series, very happy with it. If u want the most power and/or you will be doing any internal mods, i recommend a set of dual exhaust (barkers or LTE)

Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

i think i will go with the HMF, because the price fits my budget rite now, and when i get my x-mas bonus at work i will get nerfs , bumper , and skids etc.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

If wanting the best performance duals are the way to go. Barkers or Monsters would be at the top with LTE's very close.

Even on a 3 mod quad you can tell a difference and the more mods you do the more the duals will shine.

I just sold my single to go to Barkers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

and dont forget you need a FI programmer when adding a pipe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just checked www.trinityracing.com and they have a package called "stage 2 performance package" it comes with proflow intake , stage IV exhaust, and efi controllerfor like $849........what yall think?

Old 10-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

For a couple hundred more you could have duals with a PC lll and intake and have a better set-up. Check out Techquad shop for a good package deal.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

i whould get hmf or a white brothers exhaust. i whould also recomend highly getting the pc3 over any other controler.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Range Rover

Say your not planning on doing any interal mods but want a good soild pipe for a four stroke has anyone have any info on D.M.C or MOTOWORKS?

Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

I used a DMC single pipe with good results nice a nand quiet, as I use mine on the streets where I live, the only thing its too long and I broke it doing a wheele. Changed to Two Brothers great pipe, but too loud, made an insert for it its ok now. I have also had an HMF pipe it was too loud and gives the same as my modded Two Brothers, HMF pipe on it and that gave good performance but again is realy loud when on the gass. Yoshi i found was the best, but had to give it back to the owner as I was fitting it for him, gives good power and dosent howl until you get over 50% or so on the throttle. Always go for the pro filter set up as it fits and works great. you only need to drill out 4 rivets to fit it. Again as everyone says yse a PC3 , because in two weeks time there will be an ignition mod for it. Filter makes the biggest diff !

Quick Reply: new to this forum