Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor tie rods

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2001, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have not ridden my raptor since november, i have plus two burgard a arms , durablue axel, front andrear tcs shocks,blue yamaha shock covers,n-style seat cover and graphics kit,gytr clutch perch,gytr rear grab bar,renthal banshee bend bars, gytr cross bar pad,blue block off plate,fastline brake lines,biggun complete exhaust,gytr front bumper on order, gytr heel guards on order, but i do not have burgard tie rods, they forgot to put them into the box and will not send them to me, i have even been given bogus tracking no. i have talked to izzy burgard him self who owns the company at least 40 times he has told me he sent them every day over night red label u.p.s. but ups says he hasen't , i call him every day and either his voice mail says his mailbox is full or i get him on the phone and he says he sent them.now i find out that the shop phone has been forwarded to his cell phone and he is allways in the car in traffic and he says he will call me back. he called me at 7:00 pm tuesday night and assured me that he personaly mailed them himself and that they would be here today, well my u.p.s. man runs at 2:00 and he didn't even slow down today by my house . i have tried every thing i can think of i called him about 20 times today and always got the voice mail thing and it said his box was full . has any one had trouble with these guys? please help me i missed riding while i was off for two weeks during christmas ,i missed riding during new years, and next weekend is the next time i will be off and i don't have any ideas. i sold my stock parts and i live in florida so i can't just drive over to spring grove p.a. any time soon, to get tie rods that i have already paid for. please help. thanks in advance, some body has to work at burgard and maybe they read these forums

Old 01-12-2001, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

Man I know how you feel. I just got my A-Arms day before yesterday after waiting since the first week of November.

TimmyBoy Designs did it to me. With TimmyBoy A-Arms you have to drill the spindles because they use automotive ball joints. Well, they told me to have my A-Arms drilled the next week and they would all be ready the week after Thanksgiving.

Each week after that I would call and he told me, "we are sending them out this afternoon"(twice), "we are sending them out tommorow"(twice). The last time I called him, the first week in January, he told me, "they will be ready in week, we were off during the Holidays!".

I hung up and cancelled my order.(I had ordered them thru Graydon) I called Lone Star and they said they were back-ordered for two months. But they told me a couple of places that were on the head their shipping list, and that's where I found the ones I have.

I haven't dealt with these aftermarket companies before and I can tell you this is a real experience. What they say and what they do are two different things.

Blue Raptor
Renthal Bars, Lone Star A-Arms +3, DuraBlue Axle +5, Big Gun Pipe, GYTR Silencer, TCS Shocks, Fastline Brake Lines, DG Bumper

Old 01-12-2001, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

hey badraptor call them back and tell them that you spoke with a lawyer and he says your rights are clear cut and if he doesn't send you the tie rods you will be forced to seek legal avenues. Better yet write up a letter and fax it to him saying that.

Chasman
01 blk/wht raptor

Also, tell him that you have no problem going to forums like this on the internet and telling your story. Then ask him what he thinks that will do for his business????

Old 01-12-2001, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

as I was telling you, you will NEVER get them! They are con artists at their best at burgard's! I was telling you how they were supposed to send me the steering stem pro taper dog bone clamp and NEVER did, I called EVERY day for about 2 weeks, they kept saying it was sent but it never was, finally I gave up and bought one. THIS JUST GOES TO SHOW EVERYONE HERE TO NOT BUY FROM BURGARDS! MAYBE IF WE ALL CALL THEM AND ASK THEM ABOUT THEIR RIPPING YOU OFF THEY'LL SEE THE LIGHT!

Old 01-12-2001, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

that's a good idea dseater. what is burgards phone # I'll call those a*****es.

Chasman

Old 01-12-2001, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

the other thing is call your credit card company and tell them to refuse payment to them. This will get their attention. I don't know if you can still do it this late but you probably can somehow.

Chasman

Old 01-13-2001, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

well they came in, i got up early friday morning and started calling burgard and to my amazement some one at the shop answered and they said they sent them out thursday and the hold up was they were at the chrome shop. they should have told me that earlier and i would not have been so ugly to them