Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rapror 700 EFI Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rapror 700 EFI Issue

Yeah that is the problem with these new computerized machines. You never know WHAT is causing the problems. I haven't checked in a long time, but Yamaha used to put their entire parts catalog online for anyone to view. Not sure if wire diagrams will be there though. The problem with the new stuff is that some of us Old school guys have not been back to school for many years and probably don't even know where to start when it comes to troubleshooting. Sounds like your dealer took the shot over the bow with their Battery recommendation. Throwing parts at it isn't exactly the best way to fix it. That gets real expensive, and I doubt the warranty will apply when you mention Mouse in the air box. Good luck my friend... I am afraid you may be at the beginning of a real good horror story.... Every time I look at one of these threads, I shudder to think I was this close to pulling the trigger on a new 700 Grizzly when I bought the wife's 450. I think I'll keep the Rubicon going for a while longer. As for lists, well, I have run out of room in my shed, and have to resort to storing some in my son's garage... I didn't even list the dirt bikes...