Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What protection equipment do you ride with??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What protection equipment do you ride with??

helmet
goggles
riding jersey
riding gloves
riding pants
riding boots
I also use a kill switch teather ( don't like to chase the quad around after I fall off I just like to lay there for awhile and think about how stupid what I just did was) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

helmet
gloves
boots
chest guard
trojan magnum

Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Helmet

"Bubble wrap" for the beer.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Helmet
gloves
gogels
over the ankle boots
long pants ,army BDUs because there loose and let me move around ,
and long sleeve shirts ,have been whipped by branches that left whip marks thru the shirt ,
also have hand protectors on my machine

Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

Helmet

gloves

gogels

over the ankle boots

long pants ,army BDUs because there loose and let me move around ,

and long sleeve shirts ,have been whipped by branches that left whip marks thru the shirt ,

also have hand protectors on my machine</end quote></div>

Wow, pretty much the same gear for me (including the Army BDU pants, yet and less hand protectors). After reading this thread and a few other threads on the topic, I think it's time for me to buy a chest protector.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been meaning the same to do myself .only ben bounced off a couple of times ,both time during winter ,so was a softere get off ,and impact .

Old 03-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Gloves if I'm on the grizzly... (unless I'm at a pay to ride place... Those are the places I wear the helmet/goggles because of the hill climbs and fast trail riding....) otherwise it's mostly mudding and slow trail riding... no real need for much.

on the yfz... If I'm out to ride it hard...
helmet
gloves
goggles
riding pants
riding shirt
riding boots
knee pads
(need to get a chest protector... I just don't ride the yfz much)

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

well guys just my 2 cents Last yr i became an atv instructor for ASI and started wereing full gear even on trails here in wyoming where speed isnt a fast thing,because of rough very rocky trail in the backwoods of the mtns, but in sept while bowhunting, was fully geared up helmet, goggles, long pants long sleave shirtover ankle boots gloves and knee pads and elbow pads, i came to a crest of a hill couldnt see over other side was on my side of trail on my 400 yamaha big bear when a yfz came flying over hill and hit me head on at bout 40 miles an hr, totaled both machnes throwed me bout 40 ft from machine broken arm shoulder 200 stitches but the guy on other machine is still in hosp with broken back and neck he had on no riding gear at all took 3 hrs to gets him help because we were so far from anyhting, thank god i had insurance on my machine because he has hired a lawer to sue me because he says i shouldnt have been in his way , my atterney says we have no worrys but along with all the gear guys get that insurance to protect u its more so than all ur riding gear because fools like this are just waiting to gets into ur poackets MNAY THNAKS

Old 03-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bullpark1956

well guys just my 2 cents Last yr i became an atv instructor for ASI and started wereing full gear even on trails here in wyoming where speed isnt a fast thing,because of rough very rocky trail in the backwoods of the mtns, but in sept while bowhunting, was fully geared up helmet, goggles, long pants long sleave shirtover ankle boots gloves and knee pads and elbow pads, i came to a crest of a hill couldnt see over other side was on my side of trail on my 400 yamaha big bear when a yfz came flying over hill and hit me head on at bout 40 miles an hr, totaled both machnes throwed me bout 40 ft from machine broken arm shoulder 200 stitches but the guy on other machine is still in hosp with broken back and neck he had on no riding gear at all took 3 hrs to gets him help because we were so far from anyhting, thank god i had insurance on my machine because he has hired a lawer to sue me because he says i shouldnt have been in his way , my atterney says we have no worrys but along with all the gear guys get that insurance to protect u its more so than all ur riding gear because fools like this are just waiting to gets into ur poackets MNAY THNAKS</end quote></div>

did you ever mention you had insurance??? If so that the reason hes sueing you. Whats this world coming to people will sue over a penny. If anything countersue him for the deductable and any expenses you are out on you are out. You'll get him on wreckless driving..... Oh yeah and attorney fees

as far as protection
Untill 3 weeks ago
Helment, googles, riding boots (you can shift just fine once you break them in) and maybe a long sleave shirt if it was cool enough.
Know waiting on the chest protectors after watching my buddy flip his yfz 450 on after he cleared the 25 foot table top. he got two broken wrist and some reall bad bruised ribs. I've broken a rib before and am not going down that road.

If in the deer woods
My bow, i go to slow to hurt anything

Old 03-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bullpark1956

well guys just my 2 cents Last yr i became an atv instructor for ASI and started wereing full gear even on trails here in wyoming where speed isnt a fast thing,because of rough very rocky trail in the backwoods of the mtns, but in sept while bowhunting, was fully geared up helmet, goggles, long pants long sleave shirtover ankle boots gloves and knee pads and elbow pads, i came to a crest of a hill couldnt see over other side was on my side of trail on my 400 yamaha big bear when a yfz came flying over hill and hit me head on at bout 40 miles an hr, totaled both machnes throwed me bout 40 ft from machine broken arm shoulder 200 stitches but the guy on other machine is still in hosp with broken back and neck he had on no riding gear at all took 3 hrs to gets him help because we were so far from anyhting, thank god i had insurance on my machine because he has hired a lawer to sue me because he says i shouldnt have been in his way , my atterney says we have no worrys but along with all the gear guys get that insurance to protect u its more so than all ur riding gear because fools like this are just waiting to gets into ur poackets MNAY THNAKS</end quote></div>

did you ever mention you had insurance??? If so that the reason hes sueing you. Whats this world coming to people will sue over a penny. If anything countersue him for the deductable and any expenses you are out on you are out. You'll get him on wreckless driving..... Oh yeah and attorney fees

as far as protection
Untill 3 weeks ago
Helment, googles, riding boots (you can shift just fine once you break them in) and maybe a long sleave shirt if it was cool enough.
Know waiting on the chest protectors after watching my buddy flip his yfz 450 on after he cleared the 25 foot table top. he got two broken wrist and some reall bad bruised ribs. I've broken a rib before and am not going down that road.

If in the deer woods
My bow, i go to slow to hurt anything

Quick Reply: What protection equipment do you ride with??