Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

vaccum

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccum

the float level is right i believe. i took a piece of clear hose and attached it to the bowl vent. and the fuel level was right at the line where the bowl and carb come together. so i'm assuming that's right? i had adjusted to that also.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FordNut5

My carb has two that come out of the top rear(towards the airbox) one on the left side, and one on the right side, then their is one out the bottom which i guess would be the bowl vent</end quote></div>

Dosen't the one on the right side track back around and go back into the lower part of the carb? I may be dreaming on this one, but I think it does, I can check mine when I get home.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 87 warrior

the float level is right i believe. i took a piece of clear hose and attached it to the bowl vent. and the fuel level was right at the line where the bowl and carb come together. so i'm assuming that's right? i had adjusted to that also.</end quote></div>

It should have come preset and not need any adjustment. That was the trouble I got into with my dirt bike. Adjust it down just a little bit and see if that dosen't help, sounds like you have excess gas overflowing through the carb.

If you pop the gas sometimes will it settle down and idle?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

that doesn't sound like a vent tube if it's comming out of the top and going back into the carb at the bottom....... vent tubes should be connected to anything else except for where they come out. they just run down and are open.

i know my carb only has 2 vents. 1 on the left side at the top and 1 at the bowl. there is no way there could be a 3rd vent on my carb.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

i know there's 2 vents on the carb. top vent and bowl vent. where is the 3rd one?

i wonder if the air filter would have anything to do with it. i did notice that there is <span class="FTHighlightFont">a gap from the air box to the filter</span ft>. i have a K&N filter. so when you put the filter on there is a slight gap, maybe as thick as a nickle or so. and also some of the foam seal is missing. i glued a peice of sponge to fix it but maybe it's not going to help......</end quote></div>

could be your problem there shouldn't be a gap at all. I would order the kit to make it where you can put a clamp style filter on there. the factory setup is made for failure IMO. If you do it comes as a bolt on kit but isn't. You will need a drimle to make it fit then silicone all the way around it to seal it up.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

that doesn't sound like a vent tube if it's comming out of the top and going back into the carb at the bottom....... vent tubes should be connected to anything else except for where they come out. they just run down and are open.

i know my carb only has 2 vents. 1 on the left side at the top and 1 at the bowl. there is no way there could be a 3rd vent on my carb.</end quote></div>

I'll look when I get home, and may be wrong, or thinking of a diffrent bike, but i think the warrior carb has a overflow vent(proabably not the right word) that feeds fuel back down to the bowl

Old 03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

what about just getting a new K&N filter? or do you know if i can get the foam that goes on the front of it to form a seal?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default vaccum

On my carb, there is three vents/overflow (i'm not sure which you would call them) none of them go anywhere. the top two have a 6 inch hose that runs down either side of the airbox, and the one on the bowl goes down and towards the back of the bike.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

just getting a new filter won't solve the problem, the way it is designed the seal on the top of the airbox is what seals the filter, and any time you modify the top you can cause it to warp and suck air. Maybe that is what your dealer was saying when he siad a vacumn leak.
I'd look on Ebay and buy that kit I think I paid $35 dollars for mine and a filter, but if you order it somewhere else it will run about $100.
I think its money well spent

Old 03-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default vaccum

I run one on my Raptor 660 and it made a world of difference

Quick Reply: vaccum