Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly rollover???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly rollover???

I have seen on TV the past few days, a commercial advertising legal assistance for anyone who has sustained injury from ATV rollover accident. The commercial specifically stated "injury caused by a rollover type accident with the Yamaha grizzly.

Now, I have been looking around recently and really had my sights set on purchasing a Grizzly, is there really a problem, or just some lawyers talking the talk????

Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I,ve had my grizz on some pretty steep slopes and NEVER once did I feel it was unstable or top heavy. But thats stock height with stock tires, alot of grizzly's have lift kits and 27'' tires. I think your chances of rolling any atv will directly reflect your amount of riding experience.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

Any rollover injury with an ATV can be serious. It doesn't matter what Atv your riding, every bike is different. Riding a gizz or a honda etc, you need experience with your ATV
because every big bore or V twin are 600 pounds or more, so rolling an ATV will hurt. I have a 660 grizzly and rolled it never hurt my self yet... like i said its all about experience...

Old 03-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, like everyone else said, they all can hurt. Its about experience, knowing when to shift your body weight, and knowing what you can and cannot take on. On some rocky sections of trail I have many times gotten off my atv (bruin at the time) and would manuever it that way. Countless times on my bruin and my grizzly I have put both legs on one side of the atv because the terrain was very off camber. With the heigher ground clearance on the Grizzly and IRS it does not feel any tippier then my solid axle bruin did w/ probably half the ground clearance.

Rollovers happen by mis judging and not being carefull.
Hell, I rolled my bruin, flipped it actually, ended up landing back on all 4. I was going up a hill that I didn't think was as steep as it was, I didn't lean forward enough, traction slipped a little, I slammed the throttle (stupidly) and the bike's front end lifted straight up, I fell off and barely got out of the way. Skinned shin, caved in dash plastic and a bent front rack. My brother went up the same hill before me, he took a different path and actually layed on the bike, his stomach was on top of the handlebars... I thought he was crazy...but it was my error.
I had the bruin for about 2 months then and was not experienced enough, steep hills intimidated me for a little bit after that, but I learned!

Just like the saying goes for guns..people kill people.. people roll people

Old 03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

its not the bike its the driver of the bike

Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer

We have both the Grizzly and Rhino ads running on TV here. Its just some ******* lawyer looking for some idot people to give them the fire power to sue the manufacturers until they quit building ATVs. Just like they did for the 3-wheelers. I think its just a way for a no name under achiever to get a class action law suit going so they can promise a few individuals who did get hurt big money but in the end only the lawyer gets rich and we all suffer.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah and they are just picking on the big names. I've tipped my machine and I'm sure if I had any other atv in the same situation I would have tipped too.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2002 Grizzly and it has never felt like it was going to rollover.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Every Truck ,car,snowmobile,ATV,lawn tractor and bar stool made, If it has a seat someone rolled it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

yep..even some hillbillies have rolled couches lol

Quick Reply: Grizzly rollover???