Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

tires for a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires for a warrior

my stock tires are pretty bald and i need new ones. i was looking at the kenda bear claws with kenda front max. i would appriciate your input on this idea. or if you have a tire suggestion let me know. i only have about $60 to spend on each tire and shipping does not matter.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

Kenda Klaws, great all around tire, sure they're not good in really sloppy or deep mud, but will get you around just fine. I even use them at the sand dunes. For as little as I go there (and i dont drag race) they work fine for me. You can flip them around so the 'V' is grabbing at the ground, which makes them better in snow/sand/loose conditions. Again, they're good ALL AROUND tires. I think the bear claws are more for mud, they'll be tough to race around trails with. But it all depends on your needs from a tire. That'll help in your decision.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Holeshot GNCC 20x10x9, but they bust your budget at $83 apiece.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

I gave 44$ each delivered for some Nankang tires that are similar to shredders. They are wearing as good as an expensive tire and I like the way they handle. They dont have very agressive tread and suck in mud but are great for trail riding. Its a lot easier to slide it around than it is with more agressive tread. I like that on a quad that doesnt have a ton of power to use. They are the "dirt track" tires 3rd up from the bottom of the page. http://tiresunlimited.com/nankang_atv_tires.htm

Old 04-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm very happy with my ITP Holeshot XTC's in 22x11x9. I went with 22's over 20's because I do all trail riding and some of the terrain is pretty rough.....I just want a little more ground clearance. I think they're a great all-around tire (i.e. hard-pack, soft dirt, rocks, snow......there also not that bad in the deep mud). The XTC's and the XC's (if you want 20's) are 6-ply and have heavy duty side walls.....so they're very puncture resistant and the side walls are designed to better protect the lip of the rim. I think I got them for $72 each.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

96 WARRIOR JUST BOUGHT MAXXIS RAZRS AWSOME TIRE MAKE SHURE U GET 22 11 9 REARS

Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was also looking at ams zippers of maxxis 4-snow tires. are these good for trail riding? i would like for an aggressive looking tire. i have to cross one road to get to the trails so the viberation doesn't matter to me.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

best place to buy tires and check out the bkt x-drive tires.
american motorcycle tire.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

My personal opinion is maxxis razr's. I have had the same set on my warrior for going on 2years and we ride alot. We do alot of road crossing so they get rode on pavement, concrete, dirt, mud, sand, snow anything and everything and they have wore awesome. Two of my buddies have went through 3 sets of holeshots and they just dont last long at all. It may be the way we ride (***** out all the time) or the stuff we ride on (the main roads sometime) but either way my razr's have outlasted those and a set of Kenda's. I have razr's on the back and razr2's on the front and it turns great and handles smooth. Just my 2cents.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

maxxiss RZR's! I got em for my warrior and love em!

Quick Reply: tires for a warrior