Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rumor new Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumor new Yamaha

Hey has anyone heard rumor of a new Yamaha IRS sport. I read a couple posts on another forum that said Yamaha was going to come out with a sport IRS. 700 cc or bigger. They were speculating if it was going to be 4x4 to compete with the Renegade or more like the Honda TRX700xx but lighter. Has anyone heard anything on this.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rumor new Yamaha

that will be nice

Old 08-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rumor new Yamaha

I guess No one has heard this. I was really hoping this was more than a rumor. A IRS Raptor would be awesome. Or a hopped up Wolverine with better suspension. Like a lighter Renegade.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rumor new Yamaha

I haven't heard anything. I would LOVE a real wolverine, nothing wrong with the 450, but something more competitive would be nice, similar to the 'Gade but lighter. There were rumous flying around awhile back about a new 500cc Banshee coming out, aparently Yamaha does have some prototypes but who knows.

4x4Terror, have you test rode the 700xx?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rumor new Yamaha

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Krait

I haven't heard anything. I would LOVE a real wolverine, nothing wrong with the 450, but something more competitive would be nice, similar to the 'Gade but lighter. There were rumous flying around awhile back about a new 500cc Banshee coming out, aparently Yamaha does have some prototypes but who knows.

4x4Terror, have you test rode the 700xx?</end quote></div>

Not yet the only one the dealer I go had in the other day was already sold. I may drive to the other dealer this weekend and ride one or see if this dealer has another in yet. We have one other dealer here but he doesn't let people ride the ATVs (has no place to try them out.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rumor new Yamaha

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Krait
There were rumous flying around awhile back about a new 500cc Banshee coming out, aparently Yamaha does have some prototypes but who knows. </end quote></div>

that was out of the April dirt wheels mag. it was a aprils fools joke they have one every year, this year they had a new 250r

Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rumor new Yamaha

The Renegade is a top knotch ATV..But you will ever see a Raptor with IRS..If anything it would be more like a big bore Wolverine...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rumor new Yamaha

Yes I know about the April Fools joke. Thing is, some ppl were talking to Yamaha about the possibility of it and the Yamaha guys said they weren't allowed to discuss such things. Also someone else on another forum mentioned that there were prototypes in Yamaha's back corners, but weither this is true or if they will ever go into production is another matter.

I honestly would be surprised if Yamaha DIDN'T have something along those lines in a prototype somewhere...I think a lot of the mfg's have prototypes of quads that would shock and surprise most of us...

Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rumor new Yamaha

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 4X4Terror

Hey has anyone heard rumor of a new Yamaha IRS sport. I read a couple posts on another forum that said Yamaha was going to come out with a sport IRS. 700 cc or bigger. They were speculating if it was going to be 4x4 to compete with the Renegade or more like the Honda TRX700xx but lighter. Has anyone heard anything on this.</end quote></div>

I also read this in a magazine:ATV Action,August issue pg.28. "We think Yamaha has an IRS sport quad up it's sleeve." I really hope this is more than a rumor.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rumor new Yamaha

I can guarantee that yamaha has some unseen prototypes. WHat bugs me is that we dont get to see many spyshots like you do in the car and truck world of what a manufacturer is working on at any given time. I mean we had spyshots of the camaro like 4 years ago or more. Why cant we see what yamaha is working on for like 2 years ahead. It would just make us drool or save our hard earned cash faster so we could buy more toys.

Quick Reply: Rumor new Yamaha