Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best silencer for a wolverine (powerwise)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinkin on gettin a new silencer for my 95 wolverine and i wanted to know which one gives you the most horsepower gain??????

Old 01-27-2001, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

I've been wondering that myself, and get a different answer depending on who I ask. I have also heard that the Wolverine already has one of the more efficient mufflers available stock. I don't think that in terms of dollar per horsepower and pipe gives a good return.

But I'd love to hear about it if somebody does know about a good pipe that really improves performance.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

Procircuit t-4. I added it with the prodesign intake system, I can stand it on the grab bar easily when traction permits, it sounds great not offensively loud, but way louder than stock I would say around 94-95db. Get this pipe and you will definately be pleased with its performance and looks i assure you.

Old 01-30-2001, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

I know I'm going to get shut down on this, but a few years ago I had an 93 Warrior. I was in the market for a performance pipe, and just my luck, most of the guys I rode with had Warriors all with different brand pipes. (DG, Whitebros, Supertrapp, Cobra, one I can't remember, and 1 straight pipe) Well to make a long story longer, we tried them all on my Warrior. I know we didn't do any other tuning, but the difference in all these was very, very minimal!! After we installed each pipe, I would go out on the road and the other guys would time me through an eighth mile. All the pipes were better than stock, but none were as good as a straight pipe.(but it hurt being so loud) The rest were almost exactly the same. I mention all this because I can't see spending $200-350 for just a pipe! And some of these guys in here must have dyno's and can tell exactly that they have gained 1/8th of a horse with their mega buck pipes. Maybe I'm just jealous because I can't afford one. But maybe I've tried 6 or 7 different brands only to find there was no noticable difference. While I'm on my soapbox, I can't see buying a jet kit when you can buy all the same parts for around 20 bucks. (If you've never checked, jets are less than $5 apiece from the dealer!) I'm done know, so who ever is next step up.

Old 02-01-2001, 01:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

To get the full power from a new pipe you have to get it rejetted or your not getting any benefit. The difference in mine was night and day, on BOTH my Warriors. I put a procircuit T-4 on one and a MegaMax FMF II on the other. Of course I also put K&N airfilters on them and had it profesionally tuned and jetted.

I don't know what altitude your running at but I can't believe your machine ran very well with a different pipe and no rejet. Of course I ride at 6000 up to 10000 feet and have to get all the air to the carbs I can to get power.

These two pipes are alot louder than stock. The procircuit pipe will hurt my ears if I don't wear my helmet.

Just my two cents...

Old 02-01-2001, 09:05 AM
Range Rover

I misled you just a little. The warrior was not stock. When I got it, it still had the stock air filter and all, and I put a Uni in it. Also I cut 12 one inch holes in the top and sides of the air box. It had the core removed from the stock pipe alresdy, but then after doing all this, I rejetted it. It did run slighty lean with all the new pipes I tried, but slighty rich when I tried the completly stock one. I will also add that I ended up with a Cobra aluminum, and the largest jets I could put in the stock carb, and it still run lean at wide open. I guess my point to all of this is why spend close to 300 bucks for a pipe when a $100 one will give the same results? People can say that their brand is the best, but then most people have never tried anything else. My advise on buying anything is do your homework and find out about the products, then if its what you really want, go and get it.