Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

E-SERIES PIPE ON RAPTOR-HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a (e-series )pipe on my raptor a few months ago. We`ll went riding 2 weeks ago and at the end of the day the bike started back fireing through the pipe. Got back to the truck and noticed that the pipe had come lose. My own fault i did not tighten the pipe clamp where it meets the header pipe. The pipe was sucking air from that area for awhile till i returned to the truck. returned home tightened everthing on the bike, back the way it should be. Next weekend went to ride , took raptor of truck - started it up let the raptor idle to get warm (then the bike shut its self of.) as soon as i started it the two rubber hoses blew away from the carbirater. at the time did not know what happen. GOt the raptor home and seen the problem. Put the hose`S back to carb. I GUESS THE QUESTION IS DO I NEED TO JET THE RAPTOR OR DID THE BACK FIRING HELP THE HOSE`S BLOW OF THE CARB. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE (E-SERIES PIPE ON) THE RAPTOR ---PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO, thanks fellow riders. (temperaly installed the stock exaust pipe back on the raptor and runs perfect. should i try again or do you think i will mess up the raptor--- with the (e-series pipe) with out rejetting.--HELP

Old 01-30-2001, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

The carbs blew off because the bike coughed/chocked and the pressure back pressure made them come off. This could be because the bike is to lean (you need to go up a size on each of your main jets. I would check the plug with the e-series pipe on, ride the quad 2nd or 3rd gear full throttle grab clutch and kill engine then check plug it should be a tan color or a little black wont hurt, NOT WHITE if its white your to lean. People were having problems with the carb boots coming off you can take out the spacer on the clamp that goes around boot and this will let you tighten up clamp more + I would loosen air box and make sure its the hole way forward then tighten. So check your plug with the e-series and if its good go ahead and run it but remove those spacers on the clamps on the rubber botts/carb and make sure your air box is as far forward as it can go and you should be fine.

Old 01-30-2001, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

try 150,155 main jet
27.5 pilot jet that should fix it

Old 01-30-2001, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks , that helps alot. I will install the (E-SERIES)pipe back on the raptor and check for how lean its running. (THANKS AGAIN) 2001 B/W RAPTOR(RANMAN)