Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Modded Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded Blaster

wow u dunt think a ported and piped blaster would beat a raptor350............... porting and pipes are the biggest things on a two stroke. YES it will if u have the right porting job and pipe, ive seen it, ive heard it, and ive read about it. if u think im false than you simply dont know 2 strokes.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default Modded Blaster

haha alright man thanks

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Default Modded Blaster

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 270quadsportguy

warriors and craptor 350 are slower than ***, sprocket change would make the difference, but a good porting job and a good pipe and carb setup will beat 400 exs at least mine will</end quote></div>

Then explain to me how back when my Warrior was stock I would beat Blasters left and right, all day long, no matter the mods. The only way I think I could've lost was to a 240 Blaster.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modded Blaster

explain? rofl, was i there? no could the people on blasters ride? prolly not, what did they have...a pipe maybe wow. and i bet u didnt race one that was done up right and it definitely wasnt ported or anything, a ported blaster will smoke a 240 if its the right porting, im telling you right now for a fact a blaster with the right pipe and an aggressive port job will smoke your warrior. heres a sample of a ported piped blaster since u seem to think there dog slow no matter what... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBDb5UYHvU

Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Default Modded Blaster

I don't think they are dog slow, but the Warrior isn't as dog slow as you all are saying. Even stock. (Of course now, put me against any Blaster and I will show them how its done [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modded Blaster

o i know they arent dog slow, i own one i couldnt dare say that,i know my warrior smoked a ton of blasters in drags and on courses, along with 400exs and some z400s i can keep up with,lol im not much of a fan with blasters but there one of the quads you just have to have respect for and they are very quick if done right its just that you never see it. u just made it seem that you believed that the blasters were the little pushovers and will lose to a warrior anyday no matter what mods, which is not true, even though id like to take on a blaster thats done up right and see how i compare lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Modded Blaster

i think you can do it. i wouldnt change the gearing just to win a race though. top speed really dosent matter unless its a long race anyway

Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modded Blaster

I don't mean to beat this thing to death and mean no disrespect to anyone. We owned a 98 warrior, pretty much stock except for a slip on. It could not beat our Blaster, granted like the post above we do have $$$$$$ in the motor and it does come at a maintance expense. With the right add on and motor work for a 200cc the Blaster is very fast. Ours does meet the AMA youth production rules with the stock bore, thats the only thing that is stock. Now for ease of riding the warrior is hands down easier, the Blaster has a hair raising power band but if your not in it it is a dog, again the price you pay.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modded Blaster

yea everyone like to give blasters a bad rep and i dont think its right because there one of the all time best four wheelers, Banshees, warriors, blasters are all in the big popular yamaha family that basicaly sold more then anyone, ive never owned a blaster but ive ridden a few and ridden with people who have them, and it being a two stroke if u build it right they will fly and thats no joke, alot of people tend to think that there just little underpowered pieces of junk, and even if they were then you should at least have respect for them.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default Modded Blaster

Dude, people shouldn't dis blasters.. I mean who wouldn't choose a banshee, raptor 700, yfz450 over a little 200cc 2-stroke?
Common guys im just seeking for a lil help is all. And for all your information, The blaster is NOT underpowered. i actually think i have more power then my budy's 350 raptor. No joke, i can get mine to catwalk in 4th gear. he can only catwalk in 3rd(If he has a passenger)Anyways though, the blaster isn't weak i mean, for a 200cc 2-stroke Come on guys. the thing rips!

heres a video of my other budy on his blaster with only a CT racing pipe smoking the raptor 350.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En3-F64zPPc

Thanks for the help those of you who gave me the tips =)

Quick Reply: Modded Blaster