Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2006 Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Banshee

Hey, i have a 2006 Yamaha banshee Special addition. It is all bone stock besides the itp holeshot tires i bought for it. Me and my budys do alot of trail riding. There is a predator 500, bone stock. Raptor 660 also stock and a yfz 450 with slip on pipe, jetting, itp holeshit tires and more done to it. We are all planning on doing an 800 yard drag race, Winner gets 100 bucks from all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The race strip is pavement. I am just wondering if i have them all in the race stock(Doubtfully, the yfz is heavily modded.) anyways, i am looking to throw in my next paycheck(1800$) to mod out my banshee. Does anyone have any ideas in mods i can get so i can take them all. Haha i am planning on installing them behind all there backs. i am 16 and weigh 172 Lbs and i am a good rider. In case you need to know lol.

Thanks guys, Your help will be heavily appreciated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Banshee

$1800 is one nice paycheck! A good area to start is more air in/more air out. Get good air filters, a jet kit and a new exhaust system. I'm not a 2 stroke guy myself but I've heard some mixed things about boost bottles, maybe someone else can elaborate on this for you. If your really desperate you can dig into the motor and bore it out and get the ports professionally polished. Traction is a must, I see you have some decent tires, not sure if they would benefit on the pavement, you may want to look into some pavement tires.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2006 Banshee

Yeah, cause 100 bucks back from them all would be nice haha. I raced the raptor 660 already and i blew him out of the water. I was looking at the fmf fattys and the toomey tr6 pipes. some say fmf out performs Toomey? I need to get the best pipes i can. Oh and i heard, can you just have the engine mods professionally done? like can i take the wheeler to the yamaha shop and have them install the mods?

Old 02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2006 Banshee

i ride a raptor but i love 2-strokes...... if i were you i would get the full duel toomey exhaust, boost bottle, k&n, stage 2 Dynojets, VForce three reed block, and just for the race i would do a leaner fuel/oil mixture (32:1)

if you want to get into the engine a little bit put in Wiseco high compression pistons and Hotrods crank

May even drop 2 teeth in the rear sprocket, and go up 1 on the front

I used to have one sick CR250

Old 02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2006 Banshee

Thanks man, i will look into those mods. I love 2-strokes myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I almost got a raptor 660 myself before i got the banshee, alot say they are nice trail quads. Anyways Thank you again.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Banshee

Go with Toomeys over anything else for a shee unless you wanna go to full drag pipes but they would be pointless with a stock engine. Me personally I would go with their T5s. Put some K&N's on it, a good set of reeds (Vforce or comparable). Then start looking at a cub cylinder and find a good 2 stroke shop around to have it ported polished. maybe a +4 or + 5 crank. there is sooooooooo much you can do to the shee. Then find someone to dyno-jet it for ya. Unless you are really good at reading your plug n doing your jetting yourself.

Just get ready for a wicked ride..... Pipes alone really wake those puppies up.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Default 2006 Banshee

O ya, pro flow filter kit, Pipe and jet. It don't have to be a dyno jet kit. I'd save the money and just buy the jet's you need. You'll need two since you have 2 carbs. I second the toomy t-5's. If you have some cash left over go with the v-force reeds. Personally I think boost bottle is a waste.

If your running stock and you think that thing has power you just wait. You'll wet yourself.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2006 Banshee

I have a 1993 banshee mods are as follows toomey t-6 pipes dual stage air filter correct jetting for your climate temp. wiesco matched & balanced pistons . cool head with 21cc domes installed & i run 5.35 seconds in sand drag (300 ft) you do this & you will wipe your buddies out like they were riding trail 70s

Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Banshee

for one thing, no boost bottles, there are gimick junk parts hands down, get a K&N pod filter with an outerwear, toomey t5 or t6 pipes, vforce 3 reeds and cage, tors eliminator kit, +4 timing key, pro design cool head,pro design water pump impellar with about 22-23 cc domes, if you choose to get inside the motor id bore it .040 over with wiseco prolites after all this with correct jetting you will spank all there asses hands down.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2006 Banshee

ok kid im gunna tell you all you NEED to win. these friggin jack offs are talking you into a full on drag bike for 1 race. and it wont be worth **** for trail riding. here is all you NEED. pipes i perfer fmf fattys for all around performance and they are cheap and the come with jets. +4 timing dont get a key get an adjustable stator plate the key is a waste b/c you always have to change it to adjust the timing. and if you want get a set of reed petals get boysen super stocks or whatever they are called. that is all you need to win. you can get all this stuff for less then $600. 1800 bucks isnt gunna build you a crazy bike especially if you need someone else to do the work. the mods i listed will probably give you at least 20% more hp and it will keep you content for a while. once you win the race and wanna get faster save ur money and go to bansheehq.com and talk to some of those guys.

Quick Reply: 2006 Banshee