Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1998 Yamaha Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Yamaha Warrior

Ok so heres the deal bought a Warrior and its be great fun. My first problem with it was the person before me rounded the plug off so i had to drill through it and easy out it out. So i messed up the oil screen and dont know where to find one to replace it. Anyone know where to buy one?? Next question is in serten places when the chain is not all the way tight it almost sounds like it is sliping aroung the sprocket but im not sure. I do see a little wear on the rear sprocket but not a lot. So is this normal or do i just think its going to shot **** because its mine. lol Another question is do these motors have a shut down if is low on oil or if is does not have oil pressure. Looks like a sensor on the left hand side coming out of the motor. On the pivot point for the swing arm should there be a grease zerk there?The last this is does anyone have a rought estmate of top speed?? Thanks alot for the advice and if there is anything else i need to know about the 4 wheeler dont be scared to tell me i'm new to this type of quad.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

that sensor should be reverse and neutral sensor that makes your indicator lights come on. sounds like a stretched chain. and you could get the oil screen from yamahaoftroy.com

Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

You will have to order that screen from a dealer or online, I doubt any shop will have one in stock. There is no low oil pressure warning or anything like that. If you are concerned about the sprocket then replace front and rear sprockets and the chain, do not just replace one. Top speed is about 58mph.