Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

URGENT PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...well not really,what do you need to uninstall/install tires?

Old 02-15-2001, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey the best thing is a bead breaker but they will run you $60 to 100 so if you dont need to remove your tires all the time you can take the tires to a tire place like sears they can remove the tires for you for about $10-12 a peace. or you can do like what i did run over the tire at the edge of the rim with a truck when doing this rotate the tire around to a new section you might have to do this miny times you will need to do this on both sides... (this needs to be done vary slow!! or you could rune your rim!!!!) then you can cut off the tire if needed.

PS: i live just north of you in ringgold Ga lol and have done this tire work once or twice so im not a pro. but it has allways worked for me.

you ever been to k park springs?

Old 02-15-2001, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

Where and what is park springs,being a fellow GA resident I'm sure you now how hard it is to find good places to ride. Just curious what do you ride,my ride is a 97 Warrior(DUH!)

Old 02-16-2001, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

My friend has an excavation business. Whenever I need beads broken he breaks them with a front end loader or back hoe.

Old 02-16-2001, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

This usually doesnt work for quad tires, but it might be worth a try.. Place a jack-all type jack (the ones you pump the handle) on the tires, and jack it up under the edge of something stationary (bumber, bench ect.) and the bead should break. I have done this successfully with car tires, but it does not work with my quad tires. Best bet is to purchase a manual bead breaker tho...

Old 02-16-2001, 09:31 AM
Range Rover

I tried rolling over it with a car, setting down a lift with a car on it on my tire, tried other bead breakers. Nothing worked for me! and yamaha charges 25 bucks to change a tire. So my last try was to use the beadbreaker like nacs racing and JL Products has for like 70 bucks. I couldnt belive how easy it was to do! And its adjustable for a 8-12 inch rim but will probably work on more sizes but you gotta play with it to get the angle right to get right between the rim and tire. I would highly recommend buying this and to take the tire off use a couple of tire spoons and the tire will be off in no time. O yea and to get alot of leverage outta it have someone stand on the rim and you lay down and use all your body weight to pull the bar down. Good Luck

Old 02-17-2001, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

K Park Springs is the name of the park i was talking about. It is formorly known as houstin vally orv park. it is located 20 miles south of Chattanooga tinn. i live 3 miles away from the park so it is a daly thing that i do. it is $5 to park and if you plan to visit alot you can get a seazon pass for $20. if you wont directions email me i will do my best to get you to the park.

ps: i ride a ;
99 warror
97 300EX
90 quadracer 500

Old 02-19-2001, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

Just go to a tire shop!! Tires are a pain in the A$$. And also if they scuff,scrape,or bend your rims, they get to buy you nice shiny new ones..

Old 02-19-2001, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

The best way to do it is just go to a tire shop or garage. I called the dealership to see about getting new ones put on and the old ones off and they said 25$ a tire!!! So I called up the tire shop and they did it for 4$ a tire. Saved me a bunch of cash i'll tell you that much.

1997 Blaster, stock, yellow.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

haha.. After switching from my blackwaters back to my stocks again I had the funnest weekend of my life. Even with a manual bead breaker it still can be a pain because my problem was getting the tire back on and the tire would not take air to seal the bead cause the tire was screwed up from the factory. After dealing with all that from these two tires with 3 people and all the right tools to do it, 25 bucks a tire did not seem bad at all to change these tires. Finally a little grease and some bread did the trick (dont ask me how) but it worked. Some tires will be easy others will turn your day into a nightmare. Good luck! TO change tires yourself I used a manual bead breaker, 3 tire spoon, 2 vise grips to hold the tire from slipping around, and some soap so the rim slids over the rim easier. Have FuN!! haha

Quick Reply: URGENT PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!