Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help !!! wolverine has got me beat.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help !!! wolverine has got me beat.

i have a 99 yamaha wolverine that has no power i mean it cant even hardly pull itself around just. blahh blahh laggy

it starts right up and idels great but under a load it just wont rev.
before anything was done i cleaned batt termanals did a comp and leak down test checked and adjusted valves checked timing made sure the flywheel key wasent broke off and tested brake switches for proper operation both at switch and cdi. just trying to sea if there was anything i was missing.

allright the dreded list of things i have had done to try and fix the problem

1st: it came in missing a plastic cover on the carb that i belive is for the air cut valve and yamaha does not just sell the cover so i bought a new carb 520 bucks later still the same issue. tried different jetting and it does not get any better richer or leaner. (i figured fix the obvious first ouch)

after this i checked the cam and thought for sure that i had a flat cam but the cam is fine and there is no sighn of any issues

then i tested the pulser and found that one pulsers had high resistance and i replaced it with a new one, i still dont know why there are two pullsers the manual dosent go into much detail but if you know let me know

after this i was furious and from all the time haveing the bike the battery went dead so i replaced it still ran like a dog

then i got a cdi box and replaced it and still no change.

Ill be the first one to say i dont know it all or this pos would be fixed by now. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.