Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 11:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i guess i screwed myself this time . i bought an atv without a title. i was the 1st to respond to an ad that was an awsome deal that had just appeared in the local cycle trader. the owner told me that she didnt have it(title) because her husband left her and she dosnt know were it is. the hubby told her to do what ever she wanted with the quads. that was 6 mos ago ,they havent talked sinse and she dosnt even know were he is.she decided it was time to get rid of them.
i bought the quad thinking that i can get a bonded title. the next day when i went to compare the serial #s from the receipt to the frame i discovered that they were gone. now i cant get it titled right???
soooo-does any one else have untitled/unliscened machines????
i know i should have checked the #'s before the purchase , but it was such a good deal i just wanted to get it over with because of the amount of responce from the ad (phone calls and people on their way with cash, people offering more than asking price to hold it!)
is there always a market for such an item?? would someone else have bought it if i had not???
can i leagally resell it??
should i just shut up and "ride it like i stole it"
any response is appreciated.

Old 02-17-2001, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

i dont know about where you live, but i do know that in some states you have to have a title. when i got my quad it didnt have a title, but since we dont need one here, it doesnt matter.

Old 02-17-2001, 12:27 PM
Range Rover

i would not worry about it,you could buy a used frame to get some new numbers for it, sounds like it is stolen,just keep a bill of sale with you,so when they lock you up you will only be charged with recieving stolen property

Old 02-17-2001, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

Man that sucks!!!! Check with the local pd and ask them the same questions your asking here. (let us know what happens)

Peace I'm out.....

Old 02-17-2001, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

i have signed and dated bill of sale ,-address and phone # -and coppy of ad

Old 02-17-2001, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

apply for a title and say its a service frame. my 01 raptor has no numbers on it

Old 02-17-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

No title required in Ky either as long as you don't owe on it.

It could very well be a service frame, or the owner could have repaired/replaced part(s) of it without remarking the numbers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless I needed a title to ride in certain areas.

Old 02-17-2001, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

bash what is a service frame ???
people are using aftermarket frames like chromalloy and such- right?- do they have serial# ??
what about rebuilds from parts bikes/ bone yards

Old 02-18-2001, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

any other advice?? any one ??

Old 02-19-2001, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, I would say it could be stolen. My mom is a nice natured person, and she bought a older isuzu trooper w/o getting the title that day, never saw the people again after writing them a check, and it turned out to be stolen Just be careful!

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ!