Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolvy Finished! CHECK IT OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake snorkel

no they don't sell the gasket just go to your local home improvement store and get a piece of 1/8" rubber and make one. order box when it comes in measure it and go get a piece of rubber same size as top cover and mark your holes drill them out or use a hole punch then rubber cement it to the top and you will have a long lasting gasket. Or you can go the cheap and bad way and use RTV silicone to seal the top.(Not my recomendation) This intake box is made very well except for the gasket not being on there but that is an easy fix.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Why did you put 3 snorkels on the wolverine? Do they all connect to one inlet? Is there a benefit of having 3 vs 1 snorkel?

Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

i have three

1-airbox
2-front tranny inlet
3-rear tranny outlet

Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by miassmaro98
i have three

1-airbox
2-front tranny inlet
3-rear tranny outlet
Why would you need a snorkel for the tranny? I thought tranny's are sealed and don't require air?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kodiak450_06
Why would you need a snorkel for the tranny? I thought tranny's are sealed and don't require air?
Trannys are sealed if they are manual shifting.

At the back of the tranny the open hole is the air into the belt drive. From what I understand it keeps the belt drive area cool

I an not positive what is behind the front hole I would assume the same rule applys to keep that area cool also.

You have the same pipe coming out the back of you kodiak. It comes out from the tranny and ends up under the back part of your seat just beside the muffler.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by thewolverine450
Trannys are sealed if they are manual shifting.

At the back of the tranny the open hole is the air into the belt drive. From what I understand it keeps the belt drive area cool

I an not positive what is behind the front hole I would assume the same rule applys to keep that area cool also.

You have the same pipe coming out the back of you kodiak. It comes out from the tranny and ends up under the back part of your seat just beside the muffler.
Yea the wolverine 450 is same atv as mine (kodiak450), just has the sport body shell on it. I know someone who has an 07 wolverine 450.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

i got some pics of the all jack up atv kit and they dont use a third snorkel for the rear tranny outlet,i wonder if they just cap it off?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by miassmaro98
i got some pics of the all jack up atv kit and they dont use a third snorkel for the rear tranny outlet,i wonder if they just cap it off?
The guy at alljackdup told me they ran the rear tranny piping (hose) to the front and connected them together this is what I am going to do as soon as I get the time.

But it would be nice to just block one of them off if it is possible if you find that blocking one port off is alright post back miassmaro98.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt know i have all mines in the front check out my pics in my garage

Old 08-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

ok, finally got to really test my snorkel and tires. i went out to bamboo last weekend. i never got stuck but i was having some issues. i believe 2 things happened. i think i got some dirt past the 1way valve on the overflow on the carb. easy fix: delete the 1way and put a screw in the hose to prevent water from entering. 2nd problem was that i was getting water in my airbox. fix: ??? i may get that new airbox b/c the factory box don't seal too well. other than that. the bike ran great. the tranny lines are perfect with no leaks and i did change how the pipes look up front. i will add pics when i get a chance. i also think i need to rejet the carb but we'll see what happens after i fix the other issues

Quick Reply: Wolvy Finished! CHECK IT OUT!!!