Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Drown 95 Wolverine - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drown 95 Wolverine - Need Help

I have drown a full size recent model Arctic Cat and was able to fix it by draining everything (carb, tranny, air box, etc.) and it started up just fine. This is a semi-automatic, so I am not sure if I am supposed to drain the tranny, or what I am supposed to drain. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think water could get into the tranny, no? I would assume as long as you pull out drain plugs to places like clutch, make sure air box is clean and dry you would be good to go. Maybe add some dry gas to tank, incase any moisture gets in. I guess you could always drain tranny and do fluid change if you think tranny has water in it, but i can't see how it's possible water could get in seeing how it's all sealed up.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

after draining everything when I try to start it it just makes a single click noise and then the ground wire starts to smoke... ???

Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tehpwnerer19
after draining everything when I try to start it it just makes a single click noise and then the ground wire starts to smoke... ???

Check the wiring undeseat. if you are getting a single click noise, that means those wires have mud or water on them. Also check battery terminals, make sure they are clean and tight. I've seen terminals that appeared to be tight, but were not tight all the way and would not allow the atv to start, after tightening them up, the atv started. With the terminals under seat, I would clean out any mud, or water that may be present and hit it real good with an air hose if you have a compressor, spray WD 40 on it and let it sit. Also check starter wires by starter which should be somewhere in the front area, amke sure there is no corrosion on terminals and they are clean. Take some dielectic grease and apply some at all electrical connections, do this on say a annually basis, or if you are going through alot of water and mud, do it more frequently. Also if you have a winch, apply the dielectric grease on the terminals too!

If all else fails and you still get one click, try hooking up a charger/jumoer pack to battery and see if it starts, you could have a bad battery.