Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP! 2001 Yamaha Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha, well what do you think about the blaster... 400 for it its an 88. supposedly runs good with no problems.. i just don't really like the thoughts of a 2 stroke i'm afraid i'll blow it up or something

Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

for $400 you can always part it and atleast get your money back..

Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

is there any thing special i should know about riding a 2 stroke rather than a 4 stroke? like i know the gas and oil are mixed , but other than that, like how you ride it or anything?

Old 09-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

keep on it on the powerband when going up hills, dont ride at WOT for long(on flat ground) you'll get the hang of it

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

okay thanks, you've been a big help!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get the frame VIN number off that Warrior and have the local cops check it for being stolen, if the seller won't let you do that, I would say he knows it is stolen and turn his butt in.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Speedy2222
for $400 you can always part it and atleast get your money back..
You can get that for the engine alone if it's a running engine around here

Hell,.... buy the blaster and part it for something to do and make a few bucks off of.... if it's not a total trash bike, you could stand to use the proceeds from it to upgrade your cash flow and buy a nice ride.

2 strokes do ride different,... I find I have the throtttle open a lot, but rarely at wide open, even on open flat areas. The one thing you'll notice is that they have a hell of a neat Power band. That blaster is light and flexible and easy to "manhandle" through almost anything. If it gets stuck in the mud,... one person can pull it out usually too. The drawback is it has no reverse gear.

The blaster is cheap to rebuild, easy to upgrade, and there's 18 years of parts available, and some really great quality aftermarket goodies to work from still.

All I have done to mine since it was rebuilt, was I bought a FMF fatty and silencer off ebay for 80 bucks, and some NEW rear tires and rims, that were take-offs from a YFZ450, and some YFZ rear hubs off ebay for 35 bucks. My Blaster will pull your arms off now. If I could afford the suspension mods, I'd probably buy some "works" shocks and some aftermarket A-arms to improve the ride, but for me, This little booger is a lot for a little.

I paid a grand for my Blaster 3 years ago, and have bought and sold a newer one last summer since I got laid off.... I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey dude, umm , my dad recently bought me basicallythe same exact quad for $ 1500 and i got to admit, i really am satisfied i mean its only had about 2 tanks of gas go through it but it really is a good quad . only problem you might have is that if you dont have a title your not really gonna be able to ride in any public areas really. so unless you got like 100 acres of property then that would be your only flaw in this deal. so basically , this is a great quad.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Range Rover

WHAT?!?! Why would you not be able to ride in a public area? Haha... I've ridden in several atv parks and I don't have a title to mine. Most used 4 wheelers i've seen for sale don't have a title.

I don't guess I understand what the big deal is about the title other than if the ignition has been tampered with and there's no key, it's probably hot. I bought mine without a title but I have the key and the ignition has never been messed with. It's not like a car where you have turn it in and tag it.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

mine doesnt have a title either lol

Quick Reply: HELP! 2001 Yamaha Warrior