Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Up

Anyone ride 2 up on a 700 Grizzly? I had a Can-Am 2 up a few years ago and am curious about the add on back seats to the one up quads. How is steering, steep hills, etc??? I like the Grizzly but might have to go with another Can-Am for 2up purposes. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

I've been considering this topic too. I have a Wolverine but would like a machine that can take a passenger (the missus) safely. I've considered a larger single seater with an added seat, like a Grizzly. In some places, it's illegal to ride like that. The nice thing about a 2 up is the longer wheel base so that most of the weight is ahead of the rear axle. As far as I know, Can Am, Arctic Cat and Polaris are the only three companies that make 2 ups. I've looked at the Arctic Cat machines - they're pretty nice. By the way, how did you like the Can Am?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Range Rover

Why not a SxS Rhino or Ranger? Prices for new seem to be fairly close now days.
I've ridden 2-up on my 660 Grizz around my property but I really wouldn't want to on long trips. Steering is lighter and could be dangerous if your passenger is not under 100 lbs. Going up steep hills is just silly. I've seen too many go over backwards with just themselves on the bike.
Here in California it's illegal to ride 2-up even with the quads made for it.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys. I thought about a Rhino or RZR but it is just not the same. If money was no object I'd get both but since money is a concern I would prefer the bike style riding. The other issue is here in PA we have a collection of state trails and most of them allow class 1 ATV's only. To answer the other question I loved my Outlander Max. My wife was very comfy and it never felt dangerous. I think that is the way I will go again and now that Can-Am offers a 650 and 800 the performance that I was missing will be there. The 400 is a great motor but there were a few times when I could have used a bit more power. I am surprised that Yamaha has not released a 2 up version. I have owned Ymaha Dirt bikes and outboard boat motors and think they make a great product which is why I even considered the Grizzly with the bolt on seat. Thanks for your feedback!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with you whole-heartedly on the Yamaha comments. If they made a 2 up, it'd be a slam dunk for me. I'm leaning toward Can-Am but not discounting Arctic Cat yet.