Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Question

I just bought a used 1997 Warrior. I was looking at the airbox under the seat and noticed that a short rubber hose (about 3 inches diameter) was missing on the top of the air box (i think its called the intake tube). There is just a hole there now. I was wondering if its an important part or if its ok to just deal without it. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is mostly to give you a little more protection from water entering the air box, but the other thing is the vent hose from the cam cover that connects to it, I wonder if that hose is still on the motor? Never made a lot of sense to me, put a hose that leads directly into the motor into an unprotected air intake, seems you would want a filter or something in the way. I took the one off my Wolverine (same motor tope end) and put an inline cleanable fuel filter on it, at least no chunks of dirt will be going into my motor without a fight !!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 95wolv
It is mostly to give you a little more protection from water entering the air box, but the other thing is the vent hose from the cam cover that connects to it, I wonder if that hose is still on the motor? Never made a lot of sense to me, put a hose that leads directly into the motor into an unprotected air intake, seems you would want a filter or something in the way. I took the one off my Wolverine (same motor tope end) and put an inline cleanable fuel filter on it, at least no chunks of dirt will be going into my motor without a fight !!
So the vent hose comes from the cover on the left side of the bike and goes into the airbox area under the seat? And its about a half inch diameter? If so, then I still have it on there. I think its supposed to connect to that intake tube right? Its just under the seat but the opening isn't connected to anything.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, if you had the tube that hooked into the top of the air box, it would have a 90 degree nipple that the hose hooks to, if you don't have that tube, just put a breather filter or somthing on the hose from the cam cover, and route it up near the tank for protection from splashing, and you should be ok.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thanks. I went ahead and placed a bid on a new breather tube on ebay just to be safe and make sure I have everything. Also, the small tube looks like it has a lot of dirt in it since theres no filter on it. I figure the breather tube will help a little with dirt gettin in there so its best to have that. I dont figure water will be too much of a problem since i'm going to be doin most of my riding here in the southern california deserts but your information was good to know and very helpful. thank you.