Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So long fellow Raptor people...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say, but I picked up my new Raptor last Saturday (rode it about 4 miles) and went back today (one week later) to see about trading it in on a 600 Grizzly. Nothing bad to say about the Raptor. Goes like a ******* but too power much for me just to cruise with the kid on his Badger. Looks like for a little bit of cash, I can get something a little more practical. Lesson learned. Anyone familiar with the Grizzlys?... Thanks in advance... Visa...

Old 03-03-2001, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get buyer's regret twice, get a Kodiak. It's a lot smoother, and is liquid cooled, along with a million other reasons.

Old 03-04-2001, 06:31 AM
Range Rover

Man, I hate when i go out and spend almost 7gs and dont like what i get. Should of did your homework.

Old 03-04-2001, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Take both the Kodiak and the Grizzly for a ride, then buy what you want. But be forwarned, the Grizzly drinks gasoline something terrible. I'd probably buy the Kodiak myself. (Or a Wolverine, that might save you some cash.) Still 4WD with an Automatic clutch.

Old 03-04-2001, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

This really cracks me up you people go out and buy the biggest displacement four wheeler ever made and think your gonna be comfortable riding around with a Badger, come on your salesman need's a good kick in the butt for selling it to you. And let me guess it's your first four wheeler to right? I've seen so many people make that same mistake never rode b4 yet they think they can handle the Raptor, what are you people thinking, I've also seen alot of fool's who never rode b4 get a new Raptor and within 15 min of riding through trails they crash because they just can't handle the power. I've been riding for 10 year's now and Raptor took me by surprise and everyone I have let ride has that look of being shocked. Three people have traded thier current bike's for Raptor's after riding mine. It's a great bike but don't get one just becuase they seem like the cool thing to get you could seriously get hurt on it. Just my thought on the subject.

Old 03-04-2001, 06:27 PM
bow
Trailblazer

My grizz is a solid bike and when you take of the plastic you think you were working on a ****** jeep. I am pleased with it's higher RPM's when you are going slow, so that you are carrying allot of power. However it drinks gas something tearible and you have to take all the plastic and of to get to the carb. if your lucky, but it makes it allot easier to get to the carb if you take off the gas tank too.

Old 03-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Message edited. Thanks to all. Sorry for the slam on Raptor01 blue...

Old 03-04-2001, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

RE VISA well well how very mature you are for those witty comment's I was just stating a point in it. With all of your year's of wisdom and riding knowledge someone of your calibur should of known the Raptor wasn't the bike to get, But it's hard to see the light of day with one's head shoved so far up thier a$$. Grow up already.

Raptor Blue
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT COVERS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT COVER
GYT-R HOUR TACH METER

Old 03-04-2001, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with raptor01, and who cares about your past! you could have said it more wisely and more polite. my wife is scared to ride my machine and so are a few of my friends, i do not look down at them or call them names. grow up visa and learn to be more civil. and anytime you want to race BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2001, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Visa -
BAD FORM MAN! Next time, put your ego in check!
Hopefuly you'll like a 4x4 better.

Quick Reply: So long fellow Raptor people...