Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

hmf 'jet kit'

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hmf 'jet kit'

so my pipe came in today which made me happy, and then the ebay buyer i went through also mailed me the 'jet kit' which comprised of only 1 main jet, and no where does it say what size jet this is, was this right? or should the hmf jet kit have come with more jets? thanks guys

Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Can't speak for the HMF kit, but my Moose kit came with a few jets for both main and pilot.

I'd almost bet the jets you need are probably still in the sellers carb.

Maybe sending him an email would get you the size he used, or a search here.

Just remember jetting varies for different locations, so you may have to get a couple different sizes and experiment. Fixing a quad this weekend and I'll be doing that very same thing.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Can't speak for the HMF kit, but my Moose kit came with a few jets for both main and pilot.

I'd almost bet the jets you need are probably still in the sellers carb.

Maybe sending him an email would get you the size he used, or a search here.

Just remember jetting varies for different locations, so you may have to get a couple different sizes and experiment. Fixing a quad this weekend and I'll be doing that very same thing.
i bought the pipe new from an ebay store, atv galaxy, and when i called all i got was some secretary lady that had no idea what she was talking about and assured me it was the 'correct size jet', whatever size it is lol, and im riding sea level, but ill try this jet and determine from there whether to buy a dynojet kit, just seems strange sending just a main, wouldnt this cause the atv to run lean at less than 1/2 throttle?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

they usually just send 1 jet thats matched to the pipe you bought, my pipe came with one but it was to rich and i switched to dynojets anyways.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider

get a dynojet stage 2 and youll be in great shape. it paired with hmf pipe is a great combination

Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Yeah the HMF kits only come with one jet, and that is what they have determined you need if you are putting it on an otherwise stock bike at regular elevations.