Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

rear master cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear master cylinder?

So i recently changed out my super crappy old caliper on my 350 warrior. worked okay, but it was a little mushy.... Bled the brakes out again after install, and now no pressure! I tried pumping and bleeding the brakes a hundred damn times. I get a little bit of air and some fluid from the brake line...So i get fluid, but do i have enough pressure? Should i try and get a new rear master cylinder, or should i just go with a 13$ rebuild kit online? As far as i know, i could get an OEM master cylinder assembly for $126...let me know what you guys think... I have a big trip coming up this weekend, and i dont want to be SOL!!! Help me!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kacdesignco
So i recently changed out my super crappy old caliper on my 350 warrior. worked okay, but it was a little mushy.... Bled the brakes out again after install, and now no pressure! I tried pumping and bleeding the brakes a hundred damn times. I get a little bit of air and some fluid from the brake line...So i get fluid, but do i have enough pressure? Should i try and get a new rear master cylinder, or should i just go with a 13$ rebuild kit online? As far as i know, i could get an OEM master cylinder assembly for $126...let me know what you guys think... I have a big trip coming up this weekend, and i dont want to be SOL!!! Help me!
Vacuum Bleed them..... Should be OK. But if the caliper was hammered,... so may be the master cylinder.

I think ATV brakes are harder to bleed than anything I have ever tried to bleed.... might be the small size..... but they're a pain for sure.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

how do i vacuum bleed them? hopefully i can do this without having to buy anything...

Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kacdesignco
how do i vacuum bleed them? hopefully i can do this without having to buy anything...
You'll have to buy at least a vacuum pump..... Hand pump style will work well,... or the Harbor freight venturi style one they claim is for vacuuming down AC units,.... Of course it'd do for brakes, but not for AC units.... Look up Air Powered Vacuum pump on Harbor freight site.... Cheap piece. They also sell the hand pump ones too.