Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2007 360 Prairie won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 360 Prairie won't start

okay,this atv sits probably more than anything you've ever seen,I've had it 2 years now I think and its got maybe 5 hrs worth of use,never any hard abuse,just a yard atv,my freind threaten to come and take it through the mud,(I hate mud),anyway,yesterday I decided I'd uncover it,crank it and maybe ride a little around the yard on it,it cranked fine,ran for about 60 seconds and then cut off,its got good gas in it,the fuel is on,already took the plug out and its got great fire,its not getting any gas,I can spray a little starting fluid in the air cleaner and it'll start but then cut right back off,my ? is,is there some electronic control that tells the carb to shoot the gas,I've looked in the tank,its still new inside,no dirt,trash,nadda, took the gas line off at the carb and fuel flows freely,tapped on the carb bowl severl times,still nothing

give me some ideas here

Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default common problems

Originally Posted by timhelms69@yahoo.com
okay,this atv sits probably more than anything you've ever seen,I've had it 2 years now I think and its got maybe 5 hrs worth of use,never any hard abuse,just a yard atv,my freind threaten to come and take it through the mud,(I hate mud),anyway,yesterday I decided I'd uncover it,crank it and maybe ride a little around the yard on it,it cranked fine,ran for about 60 seconds and then cut off,its got good gas in it,the fuel is on,already took the plug out and its got great fire,its not getting any gas,I can spray a little starting fluid in the air cleaner and it'll start but then cut right back off,my ? is,is there some electronic control that tells the carb to shoot the gas,I've looked in the tank,its still new inside,no dirt,trash,nadda, took the gas line off at the carb and fuel flows freely,tapped on the carb bowl severl times,still nothing

give me some ideas here
i'm glad you checked out all that you did. those are good things to check out when an atv won't start. NOW, what you need to do is pull the carburetor off of the atv and clean it. don't be scared: this is ok. it's really rather simple and can save you some money. PLUS, if you ever have a problem out riding, you know how to do this because a dealer/mechanic ain't gonna be in your back pocket. block the fuel, disconnect all hoses remembering where they go or mark them with masking tape with a paint pen, OR take a pic with your cell phone. take the carb off, disassemble the carb. pull the jets. the jets will look similiar to this one.

see the orifices? those have to be CLEAN. CLEAN. CLEAN. use carb cleaner, small gauge wire. personally, i use an oxy/acetylene torch tip cleaner pack to clean mine with carb cleaner. use compressed air. make sure you see daylight through every orifice on both jets. that's critical.
reassemble the carb, attach hoses, start it up. if the throttle bogs or it still won't get gasoline, reclean it. it doesn't take much to plug up the holes as you will see when you have it torn apart. please make sure you put the slide back in the way it came out(that's the part on top of the carb that connects to your throttle cable).
have any other problems? post'em. we'll help.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll get on it in the next day or 2,thanks

now,how do I change my username,the autofill button did it and I need to change it

Old 11-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

After you get the carb clean and machine running, keep Seafoam in the gas,it will keep the gas good and help keep carb clean There is probably a piece of dirt in the needle and seat, sticking it so gas cant enter carb.