Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 660r Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010 | 01:44 AM
|
Range Rover
Question Raptor 660r Problem

Hello I have a raptor 660r I know the bike or anyother bike pretty well but I am haveing a problem with it that i canot figure out for the life of me and i know its something stupid. But anyways my bike will run fine when i have it up on my stand on sitting on the ground it will rev up fine and everything but when i sit on it . It will backfire and not rev up at all but it wants to run i dont know what it is if anybody knows it will be well appreciated. I have been through the whole wire harness checking for any lose connections or open leads. and I have also changed and cleaned the fueling system i checked my carberater float bowls and the bowls main jets diagrams and jet needle is as clean as a whistle it is heavly modefied but the engine is running fine i think its someting loose in the wiring harness but any help will be well appreciated.

Old 12-02-2010 | 08:23 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

It's a bit hard to interpret your message here. You may want to use some punctuation and proofread before submitting. I'm not trying to be an a$$. Just letting you know you will get responses that way. As it is most will read the first line or two before giving up.

If I'm understanding correctly that is an odd occurrence. I had a similar problem once. It turned out that when sitting on my 400ex the squatting caused the air intake tube to pull off the carb just a bit causing a very lean environment. When a got off it, it would pull back just enough to run properly.

Old 12-02-2010 | 08:29 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.

My son's Raptor was doing something like that. It was the wires from the reverse switch shorting down by the left footpeg. Quad thought it was in reverse.

Old 12-02-2010 | 09:07 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally Posted by weatherspoon
Hello I have a raptor 660r I know the bike or anyother bike pretty well but I am haveing a problem with it that i canot figure out for the life of me and i know its something stupid. But anyways my bike will run fine when i have it up on my stand on sitting on the ground it will rev up fine and everything but when i sit on it . It will backfire and not rev up at all but it wants to run i dont know what it is if anybody knows it will be well appreciated. I have been through the whole wire harness checking for any lose connections or open leads. and I have also changed and cleaned the fueling system i checked my carberater float bowls and the bowls main jets diagrams and jet needle is as clean as a whistle it is heavly modefied but the engine is running fine i think its someting loose in the wiring harness but any help will be well appreciated.

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I tend to think it might be a problem with the airbox when you're sitting on it getting compressed or something like that.

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:05 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Take the seat off, sit on the quad and see if you have the same problem. If not, look everywhere the seat would make contact.

On the quad.

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:23 PM
|
Range Rover

Okay thanks guys i apologize for my thread there lol . I had alot on my mind when i was typeing that thread and,this problem has been driving me nuts. I will try what you guys where saying and see if something works thank you for the help.