Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Top Speed of 250R (the Raptor Replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys remember a while back when I posted my top speed of the Raptor w/ the Big Gun system at 74.1 mph and everyone went ballistic because it wasn't fast enough? Well, I just ran the new 250R down the same road and are you ready for this...it did 74.2 mph - I kid you not - 1/10th mph faster than the Raptor. The only difference is the 250R got there MUCH QUICKER. Also, the R is running on pump gas since I haven't gone to get race fuel yet and the left tire is still cambered in quite a bit since it was set up for left handed turns on the track. Also, the tires are smaller on the R, but the Raptor also has 1 less gear. I still may go with a 330 or 350 power valve kit that will probably push upwards of 90 mph. I'm not interested in going that fast, but it should provide a lot more power for the dunes.

After riding the R, I hopped on the Prairie 400 w/ the dog for a trip to the park. On the way back a police officer saw me, made a u-turn and pulled me over - lights and everything. He gave me a polite lecture and let me go. Besides, how could anyone give a guy on a macho quad with a poodle a ticket ?

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-08-2001, 05:24 AM
Range Rover

Your poor poodle was probably scared. Good story

Old 03-08-2001, 06:36 AM
Range Rover

Nice story but we are sorry, you must be looking for the Honda ATV site. Common mistake, we get guys here all the time that think we're interested in RED ATV's. (just kiddin!) I bet if you was on your old ugly Raptor, the fuzz would have give you the thumbs up and keep on going!

Old 03-08-2001, 09:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Speeds seem about right...the Raptor probably had about the same PEAK HP with the Big-gun set-up as a stock Raptor and the 250r is modded. That's a nice looking 250r you have. Oh yeah...Sonic was right...you must be lost.

Old 03-08-2001, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

sonic,

Actually, the Yamaha Forum is EXACTLY where I wanted to be. If you look at your profile compared to my profile, you'll notice that I have roughly 7 times the post you have. So what I'm saying is I've been here for awhile and I like the people on this forum and ride with many of them. I know you were kidding, so no big deal .

Also, if I were on the Raptor, I can almost guarantee you I would have gotten a ticket. Have you heard a Raptor w/ a Big Gun? LOAD and very non-neighbor friendly!

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-08-2001, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Oops, that should have been LOUD, not LOAD !

The absence of a spell checker is a SCARY thing.

Old 03-08-2001, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

IS every one in TX rich? My god man I dont like hondas, but that thing is bad@ss. All the chrome and those massive tires catch your eye immediately. R u gonna race TT OR?

Old 03-08-2001, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

You want to know something scary!? I am 6'2" tall and weigh 240. 1980 Bronco with a 6" lift and swamper tires. Just got rid of a cr 500 and bought the "biggest baddest" quad, a Raptor.....guess what. I own a toy poodle. Yup, all of 6 pounds six ounces. (bow head in shame here). Oh ya, his name is....aw god I can't believe I am sharing this....his name is Boo Boo. Come to think of it, great chick magnet though. Man I love my dog.

Old 03-08-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

LOL LOL BOO BOO LOL. That's funny as $hit. My mother had a toy poodle-meanest little f*cker. Right now we got a mix poodle-NINJA and two Yorkshire Terrier's RAJHA and TASHA.
DOGS ATVS DOGS ????

Old 03-08-2001, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Gawd I HATE poodles.
You don't get it's fur cut so it has the little poofy things on it's tail and legs do you?
Every poodle I have ever "known" has been a yappy little thing begging to get booted in the head which I have been happy to oblige a time or two.
No offense intended, if you love your dog that's cool. Im sure if it had a choice it wouldn't be a poodle. My dog loves em though, she thinks they make great toothpicks! J/K

Quick Reply: Top Speed of 250R (the Raptor Replacement)