Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I'm gonna kill'em!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys...it happened. I let my irresponsable 17 yr. old cousin ride my raptor..again. He has no common sense to realize that it is someone elses toy and he shouldn't ride it like it's his own....anyway...he had a friend over and was showing off for his friend on MY raptor...I always tell him before he takes off...."DON'T FLIP IT!" what does he do.....trys to go as fast as it will go in reverse for a long distance...He hits a dirt inbankment....wheels ***** to the side and he ROLES MY RAPTOR!! I was going to kill him if he wasn't older and bigger than me. I'm 15 years old and I don't like to show off or anything but for the purpose of the story....I my self....15....am paying $7,500 for this thing!!! and he flips it.....it didn't bend any handlebars or anything...just creased the plastic REALLY BAD. I wouldn't have let him ride it if he wasn't bigger and could have killed me and ridden it anyway. Question though....will a heat gun take out a big white crease in blue plastic? I have kept my raptor wreck-free up until this...boy am I pissed off!!! he just says"oh...I'm sorry....whups" Just had to vent a little....gonna kill'em!!!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2001, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

First Bill him then Kill him!! ( not literly) That Sucks Sorry to hear it.

Old 03-19-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Definately make him pay for new plastic! There is nothing more annoying than lending someone your prized posession and telling them "do not do this or that and don't flip"...then they do just that! Plus when they break it and don't offer to pay!

I lent my big and bulky Xplorer to a friends' friend before and gave him the 10 minute speech of what not to do: No going in mud above the fenders and no jumping. Easy enough...no?! Two minutes into the ride he gets into the deepest mud hole, the slippery grey clay kind, right up to the seat. Spent 20 minutes pulling his a$$ out! Later on we find a sand pit and he goes off by himself. I see him jumping my Xplorer! We then find him flipped over in the woods! What a di*k!!! Cost me hub seals and lower steering bushing. What a di*k!

Last time he rode it...I am no longer shy about not lending my quads. So far I have lent them to about 7 people...only one gets to ride them again. (don't worry, thats you Zorro...hehe)

Don't let him ride it again! Stick up for yourself!

Old 03-20-2001, 09:54 AM
Range Rover

obviously, your cousins parents did not teach him about responsible for someone else's property! just like the sign in the store "you break it, you own it" or in this case "you flip it, you fix it". he should have offered to fix it! he's the loser! hopefully you will kept your key in your pocket! Sorry you got a raw deal!

Old 03-20-2001, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

I don't let anyone ride mine knowingly but my brother secretly tried to take it out and I had the airbo xlid off and I think he blew it up!!!

Old 03-20-2001, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

A heat gun will take most of the white out

Old 03-20-2001, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have a good idea! If he supposedly <sp? stronger than you. Go to your Yamaha dealer, and ask the guy to write a bill with the astronomical prices of plastics, then send him the bill...maybe he'll understand what you're meaning, and if he doesn't pay, and does it, then he's a jerk, and you can get a big cheap bumper, "smash" into his car (or whatever he loves) and "sorry...mmmh did you recieve the bill?".
I do not let fata$$es take my toys anymore. 1 guy managed to ruin my sled and to go wide open while the shee was just started, getting warmer a little. I got a kill switch, added to the key. Now he can try to start the engine...if I don't want him to put his butt on my machine, he won't!

This is a questoin t oknow if I am the only one in the world to do so. When someone lets you try his machine...do you try to do "stupid" stuff (like wheelies, bicycles, jumps...etc) taking the risk to crash...or do you just test some zero risk stuff?

Old 03-20-2001, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You said you let him ride it "again." In my opinion you have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry to say it, but you knew what he is like and yet you still let him ride. Hows the saying go:" Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me..." I dont let people touch my machine unless I have ridden or plan to ride their machine and if they dont own one, sorry, stay on your bicycle...

RoostKing...

Old 03-20-2001, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Zorro. Send him the bill in the mail, and say that if he doesnt pay you will...um i dont know take him to court!??

Old 03-20-2001, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

when i was 20 or so i had a 300ex, i kept it at my parents house, i wouldnt even ride thru hay fields because i didnt want to scratch it, i went up to ride it, and it was all busted up, plastic was shot, my older brother took it out, he let a freind ride it, went up a hill, started going down so he hit the back brakes and rolled it, now 6 years later, i got a grizzly, 2 miles on it, my younger brother wants to try it out, i tell him go easy it is breaking in, he gets on and just cans it, i was so pis$ed, he goes off doing donuts, jumping it, man neither one of them are ever going to touch my stuff again, and when he sees i am getting the 650 he will sure want too

Quick Reply: I'm gonna kill'em!!!