Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help

Hello everyone. I'm hoping to get a little insight as I'm very new to this forum and the quad world itself.

I recently purchased a 2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker and have taken it out twice. It's nothing special or fancy but is fun to take out in the woods and just drive around.

Upon getting it back, the starter I think went out. I push the start button and can hear the starter spinning, but it's not engaging the fly wheel. Looking at the starter, it seems simple enough to fix. Anyone have any experience with this problem or replacing the starter?

The other issue I noticed is when down shifting, when pushing down on the gear shift it will sometimes stick down and not return up... causing the bike to go in-between gears. If you use your foot and move it back up, it''s fine. I don't feel any slipping in the gears so I'm hoping this is a simple fix. Again, any experiences or ideas?

Anyone have this quad and what are their opinions? Any neat tricks? Again, I'm new so I didn't want anything I was going to kill myself on. Thanks in advance for your help.