Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Amp Links

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 10:08 AM
cdk
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what does everyone think about Amp Links? I have one on my Banshee (it was on it when i got it, so i dont know about a before/after comparison). i am wanting something to keep the front end from jumping up on my blaster all the time. the blaster has a big bore kit on it, a fmf fatty pipe and a power core II silencer, and UNI airfilter with holes in the lid. will the amp link do what i want it to do or should i go with an extended swing arm? anyone have before/after comparisons on the amp links? thanks.

Old 04-10-2001, 12:33 PM
CP
Trailblazer

I have a friend that used to race his banshee. He used to have an amp link on his machine and said he felt it only made a mild improvement. He also ended up taking the amp link off because the bearing kept going on him (in the amp link) and are expensive to replace.

Old 04-10-2001, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

The amp link works great on the banshee. It prevents the suspension from compressing under heavy accelartion. I don't think it will help your blaster's front end stay down but it would help the suspension.

Old 04-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

Don't waste your money on it, I had one on my banshee and it did not make any difference. It is not only my opinion but that of others who race banshees. You could use that money for other things.

If you wheelie too much, play with the gearing to lower some of the torque, you will have more top speed and less front end lift. Use the money from the amp like to buy a couple of front and rear sprockets so you can find the right gearing for the use you give your blaster.

Old 04-10-2001, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

It's your money...But don't waste it. Not a noticable improvement for all the maintenance it requires. Very loud rollers and increased chain wear are just a few of it's downfalls.

Someone posted this comment:

"It prevents the suspension from compressing under heavy accelartion."

It does far from that statement...It does not stop the suspension from compressing...It keeps the angle of the chain even with the swing arm. For better/consistant power delivery to the ground. In theory eliminating chain lash. But as I mentioned...the difference is questionable.

Just my opinion...so If you like it...Use it. I blew a bearing in the middle of nowhere...I was not pleased..and the chain wrapped around everything..Not fun for $150