Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

06 200cc blaster shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 200cc blaster shifting issues

So I bought a 200cc Yamaha blaster a couple months ago and recently I've started having issues with shifting where it won't always shift up or down without trying 3-6 times. Or I'll have to go up a gear then down 2. Anther issue I'm having is the shifting level with get stuck up after I shift and I'll have to tap it down.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default check your shift star.

Had the same problem on my 98. You have top remove the clutch basket to have easy access to the shift star bolt. On mine, the bike started to drop out of gear between 2-3 and then started not shifting sometimes. The bolt that holds the shift star was loose. Put blue loctite and tightened back up. Shifted like new after that. The star should be tight with no wobble. Check for wear also.when you remove basket, the star is bottom left.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mine will mess up when either down shifting at any point and it's a pain to find neutral. Sometimes it'll get stuck up and it will shift if I tap it back down but other time I just won't be able to shift unless I let the clutch out and then try shifting after a little bit. I'll check out the star bolt and let you know how it goes thanks