Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raced a Cannondale................................

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Yamaha Raptor 660 and my friend bought a new cannondale 400 and we race through the 1/4 mile on pavement and I ate him alive.

I thought the Cannondale was faster?

Old 04-17-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Switch quads now and tell us the results!

Old 04-17-2001, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

Everyone knows how this is going to go. Dirt Wheels is gonna hype it up and over estimate the Cannondale just like they do with every other new sport ATV. Same old story different quad. My guess is the Cannondale will be in between the 400EX and the Raptor in the speed department. That is unless it can produce YZ426 caliber power which I doubt at this point. Its all hype. Do you actually think Cannondale would let Dirt Wheels ride their quad if they were going to bash it in the article. Heck no! Even if it lives up to the hype, I still wouldn't want it because it is so darn ugly. The plastic looks like it came off some mini quad.

Old 04-17-2001, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

you sound like a girl. "ITS TOO UGLY" if it hauls ars i'll take it even if it looks like the pontiac aztec. YOu should listen to yourself

Old 04-17-2001, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I saw one at Glamis Easter weekend, they are not that bad 'in person'. I was not impressed with its performance, but he really didn't run anybody, just kind of went through the drags alone a couple of times that I saw. Maybe it was not broken in and he really wanted to go to Glamis anyhow, but, I wouldn't try to break in a new machine in the sand. I am still willing to give it a fair shot.

Old 04-17-2001, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

All I know is that the Cannondale is not the best looking machine, but it has ALLOT going for it. I wouldn't trade my Warrior in for anything, but if I had to Cannondale is a company that I would definitely trust. They don't half a$$ anything and always stand behind their products cause they seem to truely have pride in them.
If it is anything compared to their bicycles they will be a big contendor in no time!!!

Old 04-17-2001, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

bicycles and motorized vehicles are two different worlds...from what I have seen, I am not that impressed at all. They do not have the power that one would expect from them...they just remind me of the old infamous olds gutless

Old 04-17-2001, 03:02 PM
Range Rover

Well, I stated my opinion and now you have stated yours. It is still darn ugly.

Old 04-17-2001, 03:19 PM
Banned

AirBorneBanshee,

I like your analogy, referring to the Olds Cutlass. You should try using another one.

IronBear

Old 04-17-2001, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

i had one of there mountain bikes with the head shock brand new to. it kept making all this noise and my bike company couldn't figure it out. we called and complained and the rep would not replace it. all they told me to do was grease it which didnt work.
so i wasn't to happy with there bike or them. but as for the quad time will tell.

Quick Reply: Raced a Cannondale................................