Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodiak 450 battery connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak 450 battery connection problems

I've been working on this 2003 Kodiak 450 project for about two months now. It's almost finished I just have one problem. The battery and solenoid connection. When I first bought it the negative wire that touches the battery was broken but the atv would turn on and run if you touched it to the battery. It just wouldn't bolt up so whenever I had to crank it I'd have to take the seat off and touch the wire to it, crank it, and then it'd run without the wire on the battery. The wires on it are very odd looking and there seems to be 2 negative wires that go to the battery, although one was never connected in the first place, and a third negative wire that touches the solenoid. There's only one positive wire that connects to the battery. None of the wires look like they came like that from the factory. They look like some random wires that some idiot rigged on. It's super confusing. I bought a used oem negative battery cable online and it looks completely different from both of the negative wires. I have no idea what to do and now the atv is getting no power. I have a video of how everything looks of you wanna watch and try and help me figure out how to hook everything up. Also if anyone has pics of their wires and setup of how everything connects to the battery and solenoid that would help me out a ton.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bump

bump!!

Old 08-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Fixed

Nevermind o figured it out. Those wires were to an old winch that was removed at some point. Got it running for the first time!!