Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

98 warrior 350 start button does nothing

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 warrior 350 start button does nothing

okay so I traded my dirt bike for a 98 yamaha warrior, I was told the quad started when he had it and he doesnt seem to have much to say about it. I have hooked the battery to my truck to jump it and the start button does nothing, I jumped the starter solenoid to get it to turn over and it turns over but doesnt start, not even a pop with ether. so Im assuming the run switch isnt doing anything either. after investigating for a while i realized the key ignition has been removed and was not even bypassed so im not positive on how he wouldve gotten it to start originally but he still claims it always fired up with the start button. He says his kid was working on it and may have removed the ignition but I havent heard anything since (I have run the vin to make sure the quad wasnt stolen and all is well). So heres where im at, I looked at the wiring diagram and saw quite clearly (or so i thought) how to bypass the switch (red to brown, black and black with white leave open) unfortunately this didnt help and the start button still does nothing, I have a key switch on order but I want to make sure im not missing anything simple. in the wiring diagram I also saw something about L/W and L/R so Im assuming thats blue and white and blue and red, but not sure as to which wires those would be. now let me set something straight, I am not asking how to bypass the key ignition, the wiring diagram is easy to read in that. I am asking what else I could try to get it going so I can find out what else I need to order to have the quad running top knotch.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no spark, so its definitely an ignition fault. Im hoping itll stop snowing so I can get out there and test everything