Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2004 big bear

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 big bear

my 2004 bug bear I put a new carb on it run bad at first fired it up the next day and it ran great only prob is using your gear to slow down on a hill or mid rang rpm my exhaust Gets orange and it is 20 degree out last time I had it out only about 4 to 5 in is orange.
will it hunt any thing running it like that if I keep them lower rom or get on it and get off as long as the rpm are not a little over mid range it fine

I can't get it to idle it wants to rev up and I haft to put it in gear but when it's in gear it's idles fine but take it out give it a few min it will idle up or if u give it gas it will stay idle up to I. Put it back in gear idk how or what's it's doing to idle in gear but not neutral and if I get it to idle in neutral it will die in gear
Also sometimess most of the time it's hard to shift from reverse to first and when down shifting it will go right in reverse how can I fix that I have the little *** to twist for rev but does not work any help will be very appreciated thanks god bless

Old 12-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd rebuild the oem carb rather than buying an after market Chinese carb that may be hit or miss,may be jetted differently from the oem carb or have other things wrong with it.If the exhaust is glowing,it's usually running too lean. You may have other problems also such as an intake manifold leak,but get the oem carb working right first if it's not completely trashed out.https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-YAMAH...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Attached Thumbnails 2004 big bear-s-l1600.jpg