Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What's going on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 05:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on

I bought a atv a few months back and now it's a manual transmission but I just keep it in 6th gear at all time because I don't like changing gears it's really annoying so my atv is super slow it takes a few minutes get to top speed and it's a 350 so why is this and my other question is I wanted to go riding a few days back but I only had half a tank of gas so I took a hose and filled it the rest of the way with water the engine stopped working recently I think it's because it's a Yamaha raptor so it's not a good atv otherwise it's because the person I bought it from was an idiot and messed around with it

Old 03-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

OK moderators...this has to be a joke right??

Old 03-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
OK moderators...this has to be a joke right??
​​​​​​Bro I need help on my atv and all your doing is calling me a joke why ?????? I need help so please stop

Old 03-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Beartrackeryou
​​​​​​Bro I need help on my atv and all your doing is calling me a joke why ?????? I need help so please stop
It might be because of "I only had half a tank of gas so I took a hose and filled it the rest of the way with water" along with the 6 th gear part..

Old 03-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default No

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
It might be because of "I only had half a tank of gas so I took a hose and filled it the rest of the way with water" along with the 6 th gear part..
Ok so it's not because of keeping it in 6th gear because I always do that so the company built it to do that it's because a manual transmission can also be a automatic transmission and the the water in the gas tank doesn't do any damage it just mixes with the gas so it's not as good at driving but it doesn't do any damage

Old 03-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Beartrackeryou
the water in the gas tank doesn't do any damage it just mixes with the gas so it's not as good at driving but it doesn't do any damage
Okay,the problem with that is water is heavier than gas and settles at the bottom of the tank and you get more water than fuel.This happens normally over time any way in a lot of tanks especially using ethanol fuels that attract moisture,but you lost me at the part of filling the tank the rest of the way up with a water hose. I thought this might have been an April fools comment,but it's just March and I haven't seen any engine that runs too well with water in the tank and carb.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The mixing gas with water part is a serious shaking my head moment. You literally can't be serious, an 8 year old would know not to do that. Everyone knows you don't mix gas and water. Sometimes moisture will collect in a partially filled gas tank and that's one reason why machines that sit for a long time usually run like crap. This is like one of those people who drive a car for 25,000 miles and don't change the oil and wonder why the engine blew up. When asked, they said "Well they put oil in it when they built it right?"